CurlTalk

What hair dryer fits the Revlon Universal Diffuser??

Hi all...I purchased the Revlon Universal Diffuser with Ceramic Technologoy sold on the Ulta site.
It looks great - and the reviews on our NC site are glowing. Well, I have tried SIX different hair dryers with it ( 3 of them Revlon) and can not find one that will fit! The diffuser pops off immediately.

If anyone uses this great diffuser, would you mind sharing the brand & model of your hair dryer? It might sound strange, but I want to buy a hair dryer to fit my diffuser...and not the other way around! :happy6:
Thanks!

Comments

• MeeBeeMeeBee Posts: 128Registered Users
    mlleelise wrote: »
    Hi all...I purchased the Revlon Universal Diffuser with Ceramic Technologoy sold on the Ulta site.
    It looks great - and the reviews on our NC site are glowing. Well, I have tried SIX different hair dryers with it ( 3 of them Revlon) and can not find one that will fit! The diffuser pops off immediately.

If anyone uses this great diffuser, would you mind sharing the brand & model of your hair dryer? It might sound strange, but I want to buy a hair dryer to fit my diffuser...and not the other way around! :happy6:
    Thanks!

Reading reviews, people are saying you gotta push it really hard or it'll pop off. Push hard until it snaps.

If that doesn't work, I saw a curly girl on youtube who duct taped her diffuser onto her dryer, lol. It worked well too. I think she was someone from NC actually.
    2C/3A, high porosity, low density, fine-medium

Low Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
    Clarify: Suave Naturals Daily Clarifying, KCCC
    RO/CoWash: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    Stylers: AG re:coil, AG Beach Bomb, Mop Top Light Hold Anti-Frizz Gel, LA Looks Xtreme Sport
    PT: Curl Junkie Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatin treatment (awesome!)

Hair LOVES proteins!
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    I have one that I used on a Revlon dryer with a round, pretty standard sized (rather than large) nozzle without problems. You do have to push it on with a fair amount of force, and will feel a stop when you have it all the way on when pushing with steady force.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are you pushing hard enough? Have a friend that just was not pushing enough.
  • mlleelisemlleelise Posts: 25Registered Users
    Thanks all... I did push it on as far as it possibly could go on all of the hair dryers. I even had my husband try! Each time, it didn't just slide off - it flew off! I'm taking the diffuser with me to a drugstore and see if there is one it will stay on. If there isn't, I'll resort to duct tape! :eye:
  • Marci PieMarci Pie Posts: 622Registered Users
    Taking the diffuser to the store may not help. I have found that when the dryer gets warm causes the diffuser will slide off.

I have use foam tape around my FHI hair dryer because I liked my Revlon diffuser and not the FHI's. The FHI dryer is smaller than the Revlon dryer. I wrapped the foam tape with a pretty duct tape and the diffuser stays on. If you use duct tape around the entire thing you can't use the concentrator if you need to.

See if that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo
    Co-wash: Suave, Vo5, HE, Aussie Moist
    Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's)
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil.
    Methods: Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.