CurlTalk

How do I get what I want???

HswrmomHswrmom Posts: 1Registered Users
I have a picture, and I have seen the haircut in person. How do I get my stylist to cut it correctly? I prefer it long and don't want to lose my length growing out a bad haircut. image.jpg

So what do I tell my stylist about this cut?

Comments

• WhisperesWhisperes Posts: 28Registered Users
    I don't know what your own cut looks like, so it's going to be a little hard for me to give some sound advice...

But, what I usually tell my hairdressers (when I go to a new one, that is) is that I've had bad experiences with scissor-happy hairdressers in the past, and that I would prefer to have whatever cut I'm getting to be a little longer than what they envision because of shrinkage. I mostly insist on them cutting off only about an inch of my hair (when pulled down).
    xox Marieke // Whisperes

2c (on top) & 3b high density, low porosity, fine, protein craving curls

Pre-poo & sealant: HPO Happy Scalp, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Co-wash: Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner
    Protein Treatment & Deep Conditioner: CJ Repair Me!, Spiral Solutions Protein Treatment
    Rinse-out: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner
    Detangler: KCKT
    Styling: KCSS, Mop Top Curly Custard
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,083Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    bring that photo.
    good advice about preferring it longer due to shrinkage (better if they can cut it dry).
    here's a great thread that could be of some help. it was started by a stylist:

What Should I Tell My Stylist?

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine