We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

KCKT Query

hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
Anyone happen to know if KCKT is color-safe? I've been doing a water-only routine for about 6 weeks now (minus one shampoo at the hair salon for a trim/blow-out) in hopes of it helping my scalp issues but it seems just as bad if not worse. I was thinking of trying to add a co-wash once a week to see if that helped with removing build-up but my hair is colored and I had liked KCKT in the past and wouldn't mind re-visiting it if it didn't remove the color from my hair. Thanks!:wav:
2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
- Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fbalancedbeauty.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Knot Today pH 7, hair on average likes pH ~4.5 but damaged/ non virgin hair tends to prefer lower. I wouldn't use it as is on my dyed hair nor on a picky scalp (pH ~5.5).

What is the medical diagnosis for your scalp issue? In SD the major irritant is oleic acid from your own sebum as well as released by the malassezia yeast.

If you are still dying your hair you are regularly damaging the skin barrier and upsetting the balance of 'good' and 'bad' flora on the scalp.

Diet is also relevant in regulating the amount and composition of your sebum Water only is supposed to be allowing your body to function naturally but most westerners live a lifestyle that is anything but how we evolved to live.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • dinanicjdinanicj Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use KCKT a few times a week on my colored hair and have had no issues with the color. I use a permanent color. I love the product.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file