CurlTalk

Kimchi

OU812OU812 Posts: 8Registered Users
Anyone else here a kimchi lover? Got any good recipes????

Comments

• KauaiMareCurlKauaiMareCurl Posts: 317Registered Users
    Love it, but it's easier to buy it at the local Korean or Asian grocery store. In Hawaii, it's sold at every grocery store, lol
  • OU812OU812 Posts: 8Registered Users
    I buy it in gallon jars from my local Asian grocery. I make kimchi fried rice with it, put it in my grilled cheese sandwiches, put it on hot dogs, etc. I love it so much, I eat it daily.
  • unepetitepruneunepetiteprune Posts: 46Registered Users
    I can eat kimchi with everything lol...I buy it jumbo sized from the Korean grocery store.
  • VoluminousGirlyVoluminousGirly Posts: 219Registered Users
    One word..... SPICY.

(I come from a japanese family and my mom said our family line cannot stand any spice at all lol)
    Sing with Barney tune:
    Frizz loves me
    I hate frizz
    It sticks to me
    like a kid
    with some creams
    and some gel
    and then nothing does the trick
    Please help me
    My curly friends.
    :afro:
  • sambullock002sambullock002 Posts: 8Registered Users
    My friend liked it and wanted me to give it a try. Now, I love eating Kimchi too. I buy mine in Korean grocery stores.
  • haircouturehaircouture Posts: 71Registered Users
    Hello! I have been curious about Kimchi before until I have tasted it. I really love eating it now because there is simply something that is different from the vegetables recipe that I do prepare for my family. I guess, this is one of the best Korean foods that I knew. So I tried searching other ways of cooking it and I want to share it with you guys. Here it is:

Korean Kimchi Jigeh Stew [4 serv; ready in 25 min]

6 cups water
    3 cups napa cabbage Kim Chee, brine reserved
    2 cups cubed fully cooked luncheon meat (e.g. Spam)
    3 tablespoons chili powder
    salt, to taste
    ground black pepper, to taste

In a large pot, stir together the water, kim chee, reserved kim chee brine, Spam, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Simmer, for 20 minutes or until the kim chee cabbage is translucent and soft.
  • beckyjakemanbeckyjakeman Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi, I have read all your posts about Kimchi and I strongly agree that we might be having the same preference. I also like eating Kimchi. I find the taste which is something different among other vegetable recipes that I knew. I appreciate also that you have shared a recipe here:)