Should I chop?

inquisitorinquisitor Posts: 3Registered Users
Ive been transitioning for 6 months but my hair doesnt process very well so only like 3-4 inches of my hair came out straight and the rest was very under processed (texlaxed? ) Now that I have new growth my hair (3c) is literally curly, then straight, then curly again. It looks very silly and breaks from the straight part. I can't manage the three textures. Should I just chop?

Comments

• BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's your decision and nobody can tell you what you 'should' do. If you're saying you can't manage your hair as it is, then I think the answer is obvious :) do what's right for you and what you feel comfortable with
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • HtBlackHtBlack Posts: 292Registered Users
    The only other possible choice, if you really don't like your hair as it is, is keeping it always in a bun or something until it grows out enough for you to big chop without having hair too short. But if it's breaking where it's straight, I think you already have your answer. :/ unless you cut it it's going to keep getting worse.
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Posts: 1,166Registered Users
    Protective styling with lots of moisture or Chop! I just chopped on Thursday for the second time and I couldn't be more happy! I'm free. I'm free!!
    IMG_2442+-+Copy+2.JPG
    Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file