CurlTalk

Sample pack at SweetCurls Elixir

BamagirlBamagirl Posts: 59Registered Users
Hey all, I think I am going to order a sample pack at SweetCurls Elixir and was wondering if any had tried the stuff and what you think. My idea right now is the following:

Formulas for hair type FSG Elixir (Formula 2)
SweetCurls Elixir Curl Cream
SweetCurls Okra Defining Gel
SweetCurls Conditioning Elixir

I was originally going to try the all the above except okra and instead have another conditioner with some protein added, but decided I think I want to try the okra gel. I am also wondering about fragrance. My hubby loves the smell of coconut and would have me wear the tropicana tanning spray if I would, so I was thinking coconut creme or coconut? Then again French Vanilla sounds good too? Anyone tried these products and/or fragrances?

My hair properties as best I can tell are fine (but lots of it), low porosity, not chemically treated (except the ends where I am growing out red color) 2a. I really want to tame the frizz and that is the main objective. I like the beachy wavy type look, so not really worried about enhancing curl.

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    There is at least one Sweet Curls Elixirs thread on this board. Some products are new so you will mainly have had Alissa's testers trying them.

There are various mini reviews (largely rave) on the Facebook Wavy Hair Community, more customers than post on NC. You may also find comments on the Etsy feedback and SCE Facebook page.

HTH!
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Asian Pear scent is Devine.

If you like hard hold I'd maybe switch one out for that. For sure you have to try the FSG.
  • BamagirlBamagirl Posts: 59Registered Users
    chupie wrote: »

If you like hard hold I'd maybe switch one out for that. For sure you have to try the FSG.

Hmmm that does sound good, I may have to try the scent on my next order. This time I ordered these scents
    Coconut
    Whispers of Love
    French Vanilla
    and something Whiskey (I just couldn't resist :thumbright:)
    Bamagirl wrote: »
    chupie wrote: »

Hmmm that does sound good, I may have to try the scent on my next order. This time I ordered these scents
    Coconut
    Whispers of Love
    French Vanilla
    and something Whiskey (I just couldn't resist :thumbright:)

Be sure to report back both on how you like it and what the scents are like.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just bought my own sample pack, can't wait for them to get here!

I got FSG, hard hold elixir, deep conditioner, and the curl cream. Weeeee!
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    I've heard a ton of good things about the conditioner too.
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    The list of scents is astounding. So many choices!! And they all sound delicious.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

sixelamy wrote: »
    I just bought my own sample pack, can't wait for them to get here!

I got FSG, hard hold elixir, deep conditioner, and the curl cream. Weeeee!

Yea, I am pretty excited too. Let me know what you think once you get yours!
    Bamagirl wrote: »
    Yea, I am pretty excited too. Let me know what you think once you get yours!

Same goes for you!! :D
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    I just ordered one, too! So excited to have lemon scented hair.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• JuliaRoseJuliaRose Posts: 68Registered Users
    Checking back in on this after I've used them a couple of times.... WOW. I'm in love.

I've used the conditioner, then FSG, then the Hard Hold gel. My hair looks great. I had pretty decent THIRD day hair yesterday just smoothing a bit of the curl cream on my canopy for frizzies.

I'm noticing significantly less frizz already. I have a Devacut scheduled for Saturday and I think I'm going to have her take off a couple of inches because my last stylist used thinning shears, which I think is hurting my clumping.

YAY! :toothy8:
    Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
    RO: Sweet Curls Elixirs Conditioning Elixir
    Styler: SCE Flax Seed Gel and Hard Hold Gel
    I got my package in the mail yesterday, finally! I looked at it this morning, and not only was it the wrong order, but it wasn't even my name on the invoice! And the papers she included wreaked with smoke. I'm kind of put off a bit...
  • JuliaRoseJuliaRose Posts: 68Registered Users
    That's super unfortunate and surprising. I'm sure if you message her, she'll get back to you quickly. :sad1:
    Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
    RO: Sweet Curls Elixirs Conditioning Elixir
    Styler: SCE Flax Seed Gel and Hard Hold Gel
    I got mine in the mail yesterday too. I haven't gotten to try it out yet though, but I am in love with the Whiskey Angel scent!
    sixelamy wrote: »
    I got my package in the mail yesterday, finally! I looked at it this morning, and not only was it the wrong order, but it wasn't even my name on the invoice! And the papers she included wreaked with smoke. I'm kind of put off a bit...

I find that surprising too :( Please contact her. I know she'll make it right.
    I did email her and asked her what she could do to make it right. I was so disappointed, I was really looking forward to trying my products out. I included a picture of the products I received and the invoice. Still awaiting a response, hopefully I will hear something soon.
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    did you get a reply?
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
    Yes, sorry, I forgot to report back. She sent out my order again at no additional charge :) I haven't had time to open it yet. I'm looking forward to using them!
    I've opened my box finally and I have my correct order yay!

I tried the flax seed curl cream and wasn't a fan. It also made my ears a little itchy/burny. Also, they smell really weird.. I guess it's the scent of the other ingredients/preservatives. I chose essential oils for scent, because fragrance can irritate my skin. I guess I should've chosen the fragrance after all - a tip for future orders. Can't wait to try my others!
  • Ms.CabernetMs.Cabernet Posts: 137Registered Users
    @Sixelamy, what didn't you like about the curl cream? Just wanted to know as I think we both have coarse and porous hair. I ordered my sample kit as I wanted to try her products: flax seed gel, curl cream, okra gel and two more (I ordered the 6 sample pack). I ordered them with fragrances though.
    I really like the okra gel, it gives me much more definition than the curl cream or flax seed gel. I wonder why it works better for me than the fsg, when the fsg seems to work for must other people?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App
    @Sixelamy, what didn't you like about the curl cream? Just wanted to know as I think we both have coarse and porous hair. I ordered my sample kit as I wanted to try her products: flax seed gel, curl cream, okra gel and two more (I ordered the 6 sample pack). I ordered them with fragrances though.

It made my ears itchy/burny and it made my hair dry. I had her include silk protein in it, and I usually do very well with it.

I tried her deep conditioner the other day, and while I love it in my hair it also kinda burned my scalp. I just don't think her products are for me.

Still planning to try each one. Hoping one of them works for me. My skin is very sensitive.. and more sensitive now since I've been using natural products.