Helllooooo!

curlybeycurlybey Registered Users Posts: 30
Hey everyone. So I joined this forum yesterday asking for my hair type, didn't know I was supposed to introduce myself (covers face). My name is quite long and difficult to pronounce but you can call me Bey or Rebecca or Bek'ah, whichever works for you. I'm here so I can learn more about my hair and how to care for it since I BC'd in January and I hope to have healthy hair. I plan on starting a blog / website some time in June coupled with what I'd have learnt over time. You can check me on Instagram - (Bxxkie) where I TRY to post pictures of my TWA, lol.

Thank you!

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    Hello and welcome.

I never introduced myself so don't worry. Part of that was I was a member if this site back in 2001 then lost access to my then email account.

There is loads of information on the forum and in the articles. Plus there are lots of informative blogs around like The Natural Haven and the Sciency Blog on product ingredients.

One of the first things I would advise you to do is NOT to spend any money. Instead work out your hair properties, do some reading and only then if you think so buy some new products.

Also remember what works for someone else's hair may not work for your hair. So if someone raves about a product and it is not working for you then don't worry about it.
  • curlybeycurlybey Registered Users Posts: 30
    Blueblood wrote: »
    Hello and welcome.

I never introduced myself so don't worry. Part of that was I was a member if this site back in 2001 then lost access to my then email account.

There is loads of information on the forum and in the articles. Plus there are lots of informative blogs around like The Natural Haven and the Sciency Blog on product ingredients.

One of the first things I would advise you to do is NOT to spend any money. Instead work out your hair properties, do some reading and only then if you think so buy some new products.

Also remember what works for someone else's hair may not work for your hair. So if someone raves about a product and it is not working for you then don't worry about it.

Lol thank you so much.

Yeah I've learnt that what works for other is give or take.

I'm open to trying new DIYs though since they're inexpensive.
    I'm currently trying to retain length and also have healthy hair, I just have a tough time with my hair and some properties, hopefully when it grows out I'd understand it fully.
  • atx_eveatx_eve Registered Users Posts: 278 Administrator
    Welcome!

all good suggestions from blueblood. Learn about your hair properties first instead of working backwards and wasting your money.

Curly Hair Tips, Styles & Products - NaturallyCurly
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file