Keeping things non frizzy

CoconutheadCoconuthead Posts: 17Registered Users
Hi ladies! I am a 2c I believe and just started cg a few days ago. After I do a cowash, rinse out, and leave in my hair looks very natural; nice and it stays nice for a few hours but after chasing my baby around all day by the time I go to pineapple it is a frizzy mess. I am getting some Curl Keeper in the mail within a few days so hoping that makes a difference.

Any other suggestions for the lady on the go? I am not sure I want to do gel as I have tried them in the past and didn't like how they make my hair hard and crunchy. I keep getting tempted to run a brush through...which I know won't help I am just indoctrinated!

Comments

• wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    use gel and "scrunch out the crunch!"

stay away from humectants in high dews.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • CoconutheadCoconuthead Posts: 17Registered Users
    Now I am feeling a bit silly because I always thought if you broke up the crunchiness it would undo the hold of the gel. Thanks wavydaze!
    Now I am feeling a bit silly because I always thought if you broke up the crunchiness it would undo the hold of the gel. Thanks wavydaze!

Nope! The key is to do it gently. I know that some use a tiny bit of product that helps scrunch out the crunch... I've seen Jane Carter Solutions Nourish and Shine (a tiny tiny bit) being used this well, as well as SM Curl & Style Milk, or a tiny bit of leave-in or oil. However if you have low-porosity hair I would not recommend adding any oily product to SOTC.

I just use my bare hands. The gel cast will release but the definition will stay.

Sometimes newbies or people that don't have curly hair/use gel have very different ideas of what gel can be. Newbie curlies or wavies will sometimes avoid hard-hold gels bc, oh no... the crunch... but honestly great hard-hold gels applied properly and then scrunched out do not feel hard, at all!

I don't always wear a styler, but when I do people are so surprised I told them I used gel. "Oh but it's so soft! Really you used a gel!? It's not hard!" Like um, yea people this isn't the 80's.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/158711-brave-post-your-before-sotc-after-pics.html

^This was a fun thread; great visuals on what SOTC can do!

Remember to SOTC after your hair has fully dried!

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

Thanks again! I will get some gel and try it out.
  • JuliaRoseJuliaRose Posts: 68Registered Users
    How did it go?

My hair is so ugly, stringy and wet looking before I SOTC, but afterwards it's bouncy and soft. :)
    Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
    RO: Sweet Curls Elixirs Conditioning Elixir
    Styler: SCE Flax Seed Gel and Hard Hold Gel
    Really well I think! I got some Aussie Instant Freeze Gel and it has helped a lot with frizz. It does get a little crunchy but looks good after I scrunched it out. I have had a bit of frizz but I am not sure it is avoidable. My little one loves nothing better than yanking on my hair! I want to try making some flax seed gel next.

Sorry for the repeat ( and for the size...I am mobile) because I think I posted this elsewhere but this was my hair yesterday after being out all day and wearing my baby on my back where he likes to yank on it.

20140314_193144-1_zpsk2uz8uia.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file