Starting over

BamagirlBamagirl Registered Users Posts: 59
I am starting over and I am going to *try* to give cg another shot. I have gotten so much advice and help here that hopefully I am going in this time more informed. I am going to try to either no poo or low poo, but not sure I can as my hair is thin and seems to weigh down easily, but I am going to try. My question is since I have been using stylers with cones in them, do I need to do one more wash with sulfate shampoo before I try the no/low poo or do I just start doing the no/low poo? The product I have been using is the BTZ curling creme and BTZ protein cocktail, which both have the amodimethicone?

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    You need to do one last wash - you can do a low poo, just make sure it has coco betaine in it. If no poo/cowash is too heavy for your hair, a low poo should work just fine. Many of us on the board have that problem and much prefer low poo shampoos.

Side note: If you feel your hair is similar to someone else's on the board, look in their signature to see what products they use. That's a good starting point :)
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • BamagirlBamagirl Registered Users Posts: 59
    sixelamy wrote: »
    You need to do one last wash - you can do a low poo, just make sure it has coco betaine in it. If no poo/cowash is too heavy for your hair, a low poo should work just fine. Many of us on the board have that problem and much prefer low poo shampoos.

Side note: If you feel your hair is similar to someone else's on the board, look in their signature to see what products they use. That's a good starting point :)

Trying to make sure I am understanding right, low poo is just a sulfate free shampoo?
  • anonymous_153995anonymous_153995 Banned Users Posts: 271
    Bamagirl wrote: »
    sixelamy wrote: »

Trying to make sure I am understanding right, low poo is just a sulfate free shampoo?

If I rmr correctly its sulfate and sillicone free.
  • sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    Bamagirl wrote: »
    Yes, basically. But not all low poo surfactants can get silicones out.

What's the Scoop on Silicones?
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • anonymous_168504anonymous_168504 Registered Users Posts: 9
    And PLEASE, do not start out with a Suave CO, a lot of people fail because of them...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file