Bantu knots help !!

kjohnson6kjohnson6 Posts: 28Registered Users
So ive tried the bantu knots once and they came out okay. I see how they come out on other ppl and the curls look more of a wavy look. When I did it they were really tight curls and made my hair look even shorter thn wat it is. How can I get thm to b a lil looser? Maybe I need more practice idk.....Help !!!!!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using CurlTalk App

Comments

• SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    U could try making them a tad bigger. Or compare the difference in a two-strand twist Bantu knot versus a regular Bantu knot.
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil
  • curlybeycurlybey Posts: 30Registered Users
    You could use less products and go for a smooth and hold pudding and also figure out which brings the best results; bantu knots on wet hair or on dry hair.

Watch videos on YouTube too for help.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using CurlTalk App
  • SCarrinSCarrin Posts: 160Registered Users
    kjohnson6 wrote: »
    So ive tried the bantu knots once and they came out okay. I see how they come out on other ppl and the curls look more of a wavy look. When I did it they were really tight curls and made my hair look even shorter thn wat it is. How can I get thm to b a lil looser? Maybe I need more practice idk.....Help !!!!!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using CurlTalk App

The bigger the knot, the looser the curl/wave will be.

Sent from my XT1060 using CurlTalk App
  • CloudNineCloudNine Posts: 79Registered Users
    For me, the result of bantu-knots is a hit-or-miss. They have given me great, bouncy, defined curls that are an appropriate length. They have also given me great, bouncy, defined curls that are wayyy too curly to the point where my hair looks neck length, it looks like I literally have bangs in the front, and, to top it off, I look like a crappy imitation of Shirley Temple 0_0 Her curls looked beautiful, but mine? Not so much.

I've recently discovered a way to get the nice, springy little coil at the ends of your hair that bantu knots give, but without the extra shrinkage that sometimes results from bantu knots. Simply put your hair in twists (however many you would normally do for a twist-out). Then, take the end of a twist, wrap it around your finger, slide it off (still holding it in place) and stick a bobby pin in so that the end stays in that position. Basically, it's a pin-curl, but instead of doing it to the entire twist, you're only doing it to the end. Pin-curl all of the rest of the ends of the twists, then in the morning take the bobby pins out and you should have a springy little coil at the ends of your hair, like that of a bantu knot, without any shrinkage.
    Curl Pattern: A crazy mix of 4B, 4A, and even 3B.

Normal porosity, high density, medium width strands.

Current length: Bra strap length
    Short-term goal: Mid-back length
    Ultimate Goal: Waist length

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file