CurlTalk

People messing with your hair?

Sara3502Sara3502 Posts: 18Registered Users
So do people like messing with/up your hair? At church today my friend's brother rubbed on the back of my hair till it was all poofy and messed up :( it got insanely tangled and I had to brush it all out, this is my hair now.. has anyone done stuff like that to y'all?ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1393785468.549270.jpg

Comments

• Juliette_Juliette_ Posts: 16Registered Users
    I remember right when I dyed my hair dark caramel brown it was this like deep beautiful color and looked so amazing. Whenever I dye my hair it like re charges my curls and makes them super pretty bouncy and in one of my classes this guy that sits behind me literally ran his fingers through my hair!! Like what do you think your doing?? If I didn't have like the biggest crush on him I would of told him off but instead when I turned around he told me that he loved my new hair so how could you get mad at that? Hah I walked around school for the rest of the day with the back of my hair all frizzy. People need to keep there paws to themselves yah know?
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, people that haven't seen me in a while (at church, it must be a church thing, ha!) tend to touch my hair, because I've straightened it for the majority of my life. It's like it's not real or something, I don't get it. I just inch away, hoping they take a hint. Now if someone was ruffling it like you said, I would turn around and say "Please stop."
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users
    Not often, but sometimes people will be like 'oooh I like your hair' and got to touch it / play with the curls. It kind of makes me want to karate-chop them
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Sara3502Sara3502 Posts: 18Registered Users
    Haha y'all have great stories! Silly people need to not mess up curls :P But at least they are intrigued enough to want to mess with them!
  • ultracurlzultracurlz Posts: 212Registered Users
    Nearly everyone I meet asks to touch my hair. It's fine sometimes but it gets kind of annoying after a while. What I really hate is when people touch it without asking. It's creepy and kinda gross, seeing as i don't know where their hands have been. XP
    3C/4A mix (Seriously it's all over the place)
    Hair is kinda fine and kinda thick.
    Super short, I'd like definition but styling products don't like me

Profile pic taken the February 2015
    Chopped off (was shoulder length) November 2014
  • CurlyMia929CurlyMia929 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Lol I remember one of the perfume sales ladies in lord & Taylor reaching in and petting my curls ugh. I wonder how she would have felt if I reached over and yanked her weave. Hmmm ...
  • nunulovenunulove Posts: 15Registered Users
    Yeah people used to pull on my hair all the time & ask me if it was a weave...
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users
    Sara3502 wrote: »
    So do people like messing with/up your hair? At church today my friend's brother rubbed on the back of my hair till it was all poofy and messed up :( it got insanely tangled and I had to brush it all out, this is my hair now.. has anyone done stuff like that to y'all?ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1393785468.549270.jpg

Still looks fab to me!

I don't mind when friends, family or my boyfriend touch my hair. But I hate when people rub it like it's a poodle. That's only really happened once, and it was by a drunk girl at a party and it lasted like half a second...so I let it slide 😜
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • pinkmouse09pinkmouse09 Posts: 107Registered Users
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just at BSL (when stretched) goal is HL, 3a/b, medium thickness, medium porosity
    CG since March 2013
    Conditoner/Detangle: V05 Moisture Milk (Passion Fruit Smoothie), Aussie Moist
    Clarify: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
    Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curl Milk, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Vitamins: One Daily and GNC Ultra NourishHair
  • judybeautyjudybeauty Posts: 6Registered Users
    I personally love the feeling of people playing with my hair, but I have rules. You gotta know how to play with my curls. There's absolutely no running your fingers through it. I'm not tryna have frizzville on my head. Basically, there's only a few people that I let touch my hair.
  • curlysophiecurlysophie Posts: 216Registered Users
    Something I hate is that my friends will braid my hair or something like that, and then they'll roughly take it out. And I'm like, if you put my hair in a style, you LEAVE IT!! :banghead:
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sixelamy wrote: »
    Yes, people that haven't seen me in a while (at church, it must be a church thing, ha!) tend to touch my hair, because I've straightened it for the majority of my life. It's like it's not real or something, I don't get it. I just inch away, hoping they take a hint. Now if someone was ruffling it like you said, I would turn around and say "Please stop."

I know hair watching has been a big part of church for me since I was little.
  • EpictasticEpictastic Posts: 9Registered Users
    People always touch my hair without asking. I'm pretty shy so usually I don't say anything..
  • TakusCurlsTakusCurls Posts: 7Registered Users
    People touch my hair all the time sometimes with out asking but l tolerate it. Depends what mood I'm in
  • Olivia_Alexis17Olivia_Alexis17 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Yeah, at school all during 8th and most of high school my classmates would sit next to me, take one of my curls, stretch it out, then let it go saying "boing!".They'd do this for LONG periods of time, but I got used to it and now I barely even notice. But it's still annoying at times.
  • aspenaspen Posts: 154Registered Users
    They need to sell wooden paddles in Curlmart that say 'DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR' to smack people with.
    3A-3B / Medium / High Density / Low Porosity
    Modified CG
    Low poo: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine
    Conditioner: Curls Unleashed NB
    Leave in: Creme of Natura Argan Oil Strengthen & Shine
    Styling Product: Curl Keeper/ Curly Solutions gel
  • curlygurly2016curlygurly2016 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Yes people try to freaking braid my hair and I'm like woah, what the hell do you think you're doing? You're not the one who's going to have to tame this beast later.
  • curlysophiecurlysophie Posts: 216Registered Users
    aspen wrote: »
    They need to sell wooden paddles in Curlmart that say 'DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR' to smack people with.

Yes. XD
    :love2: Curly Teen :love2:
    CG since 5/2/14
    3A, low/medium porosity, medium texture/thickness
    ~SheaMoisture Shampoos
    ~Suave Essentials Conditioners
    ~Kinky Curly Knot Today
    ~L.A. Looks Sport Gel
  • NeirelleNeirelle Posts: 126Registered Users
    Lol ya people braid my hair then they say...its just like rope..you could use it as a rope..lol I think its ok for me if they ask ..
  • PreciselyLondynPreciselyLondyn Posts: 2Registered Users
    Yes, all the time! It gets frustrating too when they don't even ask and end up messing it up. You can kind of tell when someone has bad intentions and when someone is just really curious. That's when I don't mind as much.
  • brinichole24brinichole24 Posts: 46Registered Users
    yes!! my friends are always touching my hair, and pulling down the curls and then letting go to see them spring back up, i don't really mind, it doesn't make my hair frizzy, but it can get slightly annoying
  • shecurlsshecurls Posts: 2Registered Users
    I've had people "boing" my hair and stick a finger up my curls, sounds rude but it was totally innocent! :p

What really annoys me is when people mess with it when it is wet and drying. An ex boyfriend and my family all went out one day, I washed and let my hair air dry as usual and all my ex boyf did for the whole car journey there was mess with my hair, thus turning it into a frizzy mess :evil: despite my telling him not to do so numerous times. Even my mom was a bit "wtf, is he doing?"

We had a picture taken together on that day and it just looked a right mess.