We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Ends are looking good...

wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,061Registered Users
I've been doing the CG thing deliberately for a year now, 4 years total if you count the 3 non-deliberate CG years.

Anyway, I think my ends are looking good. It's been 6 months since my last trim and I think I've had literally 3 split ends this entire time. That's kind of unheard of for me. I usually try to get a trim every 4 months. Now I think I'm going to make it to the 9 month mark.

So that's cool. Just wanted to share. I do have to say however, that even though my hair is in good shape health-wise, I'm still not sure I've found the perfect way to style yet. O well....
2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
:angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646

Comments

• LauraimesLauraimes Posts: 880Registered Users
    I know what you mean! I never get a cut because of split ends or dead ends. My hair dresser even felt that it wasn't necessary if it were purely based on the health of my hair. The only reason I go is to get some layers again, because my hair grows like crazy!

Btw, I did a search on iHerb today because I'm going to order something and I'm a bit indecisive, and then ended up in a thread that you commented on. I had no idea you live in Asia! For some reason I always assumed you're from the USA. I was so surprised.
    F - LP - HD - NE
    Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
    Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Petal Fresh Organics Rosemary & Mint Volumizing Shampoo
    Protein: Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
    Detangler/RO: KCKT (winter) or Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil (summer)
    Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,061Registered Users
    Laura you're so lucky your hair grows like crazy! I'm jealous... I've been wanting my hair to grow grow grow! The more it springs the shorter it gets and feels like it's not growing at all. Also I'm just dying to get rid of the rest of my thinned out bits.

Also I move around a lot and travel quite a bit. ;)
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wavydaze wrote: »
    I've been doing the CG thing deliberately for a year now, 4 years total if you count the 3 non-deliberate CG years.

Anyway, I think my ends are looking good. It's been 6 months since my last trim and I think I've had literally 3 split ends this entire time. That's kind of unheard of for me. I usually try to get a trim every 4 months. Now I think I'm going to make it to the 9 month mark.

So that's cool. Just wanted to share. I do have to say however, that even though my hair is in good shape health-wise, I'm still not sure I've found the perfect way to style yet. O well....

Same here! My ends used to be so bad and now they're so lovely and healthy. My last cut was early October and my ends still look great (zero split ends from what I can see).
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Yey!
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file