Is Tresemme extra hold gel CG?

The ingredients are listed on this web site:
http://m.cvs.com/mt/www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/Tresemme-Tres-Gel-Extra-Hold?skuId=437252&un_jtt_v_tabs=2

I don't see any cones, but sometimes I miss them! Thank you!

Comments

• mysterycurlsmysterycurls Posts: 58Registered Users
    Depending on your definition of CG :toothy5: I would say yes. It has one water soluable 'cone, PEG-12 Dimethicone. I have used Herbal Essences Totally Twisted which has similar ingredients with no problems. I will probably buy the Tres Gel next, cause you get more for your money.
    2b/c, medium-coarse, high-density, medium-porosity, CG since 2011.
    Co-wash: Suave/ VO5
    RO: Yes to Cucumbers, GVPCB, Tresemme Naturals
    LI: GVP CB, Yes to Cucumbers
    Sealant: Argan, Grapeseed, Apricot Kernal (still working on it)
    Styler: GF Pure Clean, HETT, Volumax
    DT: Ion Effective Care, GVPCB, Yes to Cucumbers

Experimenting with Curly Kinks ReNew, Coil Jam and Satin Roots. Also FSG.
  • DCWavyLadyDCWavyLady Posts: 373Registered Users
    Yup...since that's water soluble and will definitely come out with my low poo I consider it okay. Thanks!!
    Should I report back when I use it the first time? I have fine, 2c/3a curls - some parts lose their curl really easily which is very frustrating!
  • RisingMoonRisingMoon Posts: 81Registered Users
    Yes please report back! It sounds like a gel that might work well with my hair.
    2C waves with a little 3A thrown in for fun, medium density, on the course side hair (IMO--will have stylist confirm at some point.) Still trying to work on porosity- have characteristics of both high and low :thumbdown:

Polyquats are terrible. I seems to be able to tolerate butters and oils in the most sparing amounts as long as I low-poo frequently.
    What do you use now Rising Moon?
  • mysterycurlsmysterycurls Posts: 58Registered Users
    Yes, please report back. I haven't tried it yet and want to as it is cheaper and I can actually find it easily without leaving this little town I leave in. The HETT isn't expensive at all, but I'd like an alternative I can find 5 minutes up the road.
    2b/c, medium-coarse, high-density, medium-porosity, CG since 2011.
    Co-wash: Suave/ VO5
    RO: Yes to Cucumbers, GVPCB, Tresemme Naturals
    LI: GVP CB, Yes to Cucumbers
    Sealant: Argan, Grapeseed, Apricot Kernal (still working on it)
    Styler: GF Pure Clean, HETT, Volumax
    DT: Ion Effective Care, GVPCB, Yes to Cucumbers

Experimenting with Curly Kinks ReNew, Coil Jam and Satin Roots. Also FSG.
    Ive been using GF Pure somethingorother or MGA Scalp rescue. I've been trying to avoid polyquats.

I do think the protein might get to me but it's not hydrolized so I might be ok.
    2C waves with a little 3A thrown in for fun, medium density, on the course side hair (IMO--will have stylist confirm at some point.) Still trying to work on porosity- have characteristics of both high and low :thumbdown:

Polyquats are terrible. I seems to be able to tolerate butters and oils in the most sparing amounts as long as I low-poo frequently.
    Ive been using GF Pure somethingorother or MGA Scalp rescue. I've been trying to avoid polyquats.

I do think the protein might get to me but it's not hydrolized so I might be ok.

Crazy! That's the other gel I bought today to try out. My fav gel, herbal essences set me up gel, was just reformulated so I'm looking for something new.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file