Say It. I Dare You.

Comments

• roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Every time Paula Deen says "baking powder" it sounds like "bacon powder" and I get all excited. :lol:

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Man! I guess watching "Hoarders" was a good idea, since it prompted me to go through my refrigerator and throw things out.

The freezer's next. I cannot get some of those images from the crazy food lady out of my head: the liquid left in the meat compartment. So deeply, utterly, horribly gross.

I wish it wasn't a snowy walk to the compost heap, though.

You wouldn't believe what we've found in FIL's house. We hermetically sealed his fridge with duct tape before throwing it out...we just weren't able to clean it out without getting sick. Hopefully it will stay sealed until the year 5000, when it'll have reached it's halflife and will no longer be dangerous to human society.

I can clean, and I can purge, but certain types of rot......:pukel:

Also, I think one of my crazy French Aunts was a hoarder. Not food (that I know of) but collectibles: Fiesta Ware, Carnival Glass, Vintage stuff. So I'm just slightly terrified I have the gene for it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I think that you lie/stretch the truth a bit too often. I think that I am more annoyed that I believed it than I am by your doing it.

It really was that large a piece of ham. The cat did eat it! Honest! :sad7: It wasn't me.
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    Oh, my aching everything
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Speckla wrote: »
    I think that you lie/stretch the truth a bit too often. I think that I am more annoyed that I believed it than I am by your doing it.

It really was that large a piece of ham. The cat did eat it! Honest! :sad7: It wasn't me.
    :laughing6:

Having had cats, that is totally believable!
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    It is snowing. I have never seen snow before Christmas, but I have now seen it the day after
    Thanksgiving and the beginning of December. I hope this isn't an indictator of the winter to follow.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Dear gums,

You realize that the more you give me a headache, the less often I will care for you the right way. Just stop it already!

Signed,
    CS

______________________________________________________________________________________________

In better news, I actually won on a Giants scratch off! It was only 20 bucks, but I was still happy about my win. :colors: Big blue is good luck today I guess!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Oy.

Another family argument.

I swear, its like we cannot be in the same room together for too long before something explodes. This one was about tomorrows dinner.

Oh yeah. No matter how inconsequential the topic, we argue about it.
    Has anyone else's FB become littered with weird cartoon characters where there used to be friends and acquaintances?

I refuse to change mine. Its a boring waste of time changing the profile picture.

Besides. I like to go against the grain.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    It's not stupid. It's for a good cause...for child abuse victims...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

I dont think the cause is stupid.

I just do not see how changing your profile picture helps any.

Edit: reading some posts, the whole idea was created by pedophiles so children would add random strangers to their accounts.

Who knows which is true.
    All right!

I had my first snow-related car episode already, wherein I got stuck in a friend's ditch, tore up her yard, got grass and dirt in my bumper, then crawled under it to attach a tow strap. My knees are wet.

The season has begun. And I'm okay with that!:thumbright:
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    kat180 wrote: »
    Has anyone else's FB become littered with weird cartoon characters where there used to be friends and acquaintances?

I refuse to change mine. Its a boring waste of time changing the profile picture.

Besides. I like to go against the grain.

This is how I feel most of the time with FB stuff, but I played along. I figured what's the harm in it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Saria wrote: »
    Seriously?!
    The Bread | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond
    Someone said how "The Bread" was inexcusable on another site, so of course I googled to find out what the poster was referring to. And I know I expressed my indifference and general befuddlement about PW before, but this just makes me a little stabby. Ugh, I can't believe the majority of the comments are for real. I am sad.
    Lollllllllllllll this is the best comment (although there are several in this vein)
    If you rub a clove of garlic on top, you will have wonderful garlic bread.
    :occasion9:

Oh it gets better (by which I mean worse). Other people actually blogged about how awesome "The Bread" was and what a simple recipe it was. Thanks, PW! Le sigh.
    In theory I suppose this is worse:
    Chocolate Almond Frozen Mousse | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

It's a toughie. On the one hand at least toast is made up of quality ingredients, but on the other hand, at least this tries to make something that apparently many would not think of.
    But the intro to this and the comments in relation to it are painful. Why? Why is the prospect of making something that might require some effort, but will produce results worth said effort so off-putting? Why does everything have to be so easy to the point that basically no effort is required? I just can't help but be saddened that people are so unwilling to put some effort into what they eat.
    And why is one snobby for dismissing Cool Whip, but no accusations of snobbery are thrown when someone says they have no interest in eating real whipped cream? Or when someone expresses distaste for margarine, but it's okay and not snobby if someone says they prefer margarine?
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Why am I coughing AGAIN? Two weeks after I thought I had gotten rid of it? I am cursing the new guy at the job to hell.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
    Mmmm, dulce de leche cortada is so good. My mommy made it for me. :D I hadn't eaten it in so long. It's a curdled milk dessert. The milk separates and forms deliciously chewy curds and leaves a sweet cinnamon and lemon zest scented syrup.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users

I think it's stupid personally, it's not doing anything or child abuse victims in the least bit.

If people want to support the cause they should donate their time &/or money, that will actually contribute something useful unlike changing a pic on fb. BUT... that's just me :shrug:
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
    I agree, SarcasmIsBeauty. It's pretty pointless, I think. I do love cartoons though!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg

I think it's stupid personally, it's not doing anything or child abuse victims in the least bit.

If people want to support the cause they should donate their time &/or money, that will actually contribute something useful unlike changing a pic on fb. BUT... that's just me :shrug:

That is my feeling too.

I suppose it may have reminded some people that the NSPCC is out there trying to help children, but I seriously doubt it caused many people to actually stop and think about the organization and what it represents, and then go and donate some money, or offer to help out. Most people I know, are simply changing their status because it is fun and all their friends are doing it.

Which is fine, you know. But it seems odd to me to try and make it out to be more than it is.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, I do hafta admit that I didn't even have to change mine :toothy7:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Ugh. Stomach issues. I hardly ever have stomach issues.

What is causing this?
    Cannot sleep tonight. I have managed to scare myself with self-diagnosing. Well done me.
    Well, I do hafta admit that I didn't even have to change mine :toothy7:

Lol. Fair does.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Someone please just get me my own Damon Salvatore. K? Thanx.

damon-salvatore-picture_440x293.jpg

I swear he just gets hotter and hotter each episode.

I dreamed about him last nite. He wasn't a vampire unfortunately. He was just my neighbor. And he seemed to be stealing my jeep. ?!?
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I dreamed my husband was angrily throwing scrambled eggs at me in the kitchen. What the hell?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    I loooovvee vegetables. Israeli couscous with roasted Brussels sprouts and asparagus is to DIE FOR. Nom....

And yes, it is 9:22 and I'm just now eating dinner. :D
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mmmm, roasted asparagus. *adds to grocery list*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    DELETE
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nm
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    Someone please just get me my own Damon Salvatore. K? Thanx.

damon-salvatore-picture_440x293.jpg

I swear he just gets hotter and hotter each episode.

I dreamed about him last nite. He wasn't a vampire unfortunately. He was just my neighbor. And he seemed to be stealing my jeep. ?!?

I read a euphemism into that. :tongue4:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file