Say It. I Dare You.

Comments

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlysue21 wrote: »
    I went out earlier for milk. What a mistake that was. I forgot it was the beginning of the month and the grocery store was mobbed. :angry5:

Oh Lordy, I probably would have pulled right back out of the parking lot and high-tailed it to Walgreens for milk instead. :lol: Maybe a bit more expensive, but worth it for a little sanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote: »
    I went out earlier for milk. What a mistake that was. I forgot it was the beginning of the month and the grocery store was mobbed. :angry5:

Oh Lordy, I probably would have pulled right back out of the parking lot and high-tailed it to Walgreens for milk instead. :lol: Maybe a bit more expensive, but worth it for a little sanity.

I didn't think about it until I got there and I was too lazy to go anywhere else! I got done with X-mas shopping just before the rush started thankfully!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

I didn't think about it until I got there and I was too lazy to go anywhere else! I got done with X-mas shopping just before the rush started thankfully!

We had the unfortunate timing to be on I-95 at 5pm. Hubby looked over at me and said "Whose idea was this again?" and I replied "Well, I thought we'd be out later shopping!" :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    Yuck! Nothing worse than 95 on a Friday.

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    And this is why I park by no one, but of course I'm in the Stang... :lol::tongue:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• AllyTAllyT Posts: 613Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote: »
    Dear Grumpy Tore UP Look-like-your-bad-wig-was-gnawed-on-by-a-dog Woman at Target,

We almost hit you because you honked your horn and zoomed around as we pulled into a parking spot. It's a parking lot, lady! You're not supposed to be doing 90 and trying to pass people like it's the interstate!

I love that while you sat with your blinker on giving the evil eye to the lady trying to wrestle a huge Christmas tree box into her trunk, we were headed into the store already to do our shopping. :D

Merry Christmas ya hag!

Spring :angel7:

That reminds of this guy in a huge pick-up truck opposite who goes barrelling down a narrow downtown street. He had plenty of space on his side so he could move over and give more space to us both, while I had several parked cars on my side. So I stop and cringe while he continues to barrell down the street, basically in the center of the road. I hate people with big vehicles that act like they own the road. Nobody needs vehicles that size and they really should have to pass a separate driving test and pay fines before operating them. I'm so tempted to buy those glass bottle stink bombs and hurl them at small peenie road hogs, and also the people who speed down downtown streets. Hello, do you even care if you mow down a pedestrian? Small child? Stray animal? Guess not.
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Seriously?!
    The Bread | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond
    Someone said how "The Bread" was inexcusable on another site, so of course I googled to find out what the poster was referring to. And I know I expressed my indifference and general befuddlement about PW before, but this just makes me a little stabby. Ugh, I can't believe the majority of the comments are for real. I am sad.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • International LadyInternational Lady Posts: 11Registered Users
    We are moving to a new apartment on the 8th of January and my boyfriend wants to start packing, painting an entire house, cleaning, taking apart furniture on January 3rd. Really?????

MEN!!
    Type 2c. 3a on a good day. CG since 07/2010

Hair regime (2x/week)
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
    Moisturizer: Dark & Lovely
    Seal: CHI Silk Infusion or Shu Uemura Essence Absolue oil
    2nd day: CHI Keratin Mist or John Frieda Dream Curls Spray
    Deep treatment (1x/month): extra virgin coconut oil
    Pro no-poo! <3
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    So, I'm at the stage where I don't think British accents are as ridiculously sexy as they once were, but I ADORE CALLUM BLUE! What is with me and all these crushes this week? It's embarassing :laughing8:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Saria wrote: »
    Seriously?!
    The Bread | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond
    Someone said how "The Bread" was inexcusable on another site, so of course I googled to find out what the poster was referring to. And I know I expressed my indifference and general befuddlement about PW before, but this just makes me a little stabby. Ugh, I can't believe the majority of the comments are for real. I am sad.

What did I miss? It's bread and butter, right? Is there something special about the bread or the butter that makes everyone go crazy over this? I don't get it. I LOVE my bread and butter, but it's not like a new invention or something. ??
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Exactly! That's what that poster meant. It's bread and butter. Two wonderful things to be sure, but how this is a recipe that inspires such comments just emphasizes the sort of disconnect that current society has with actual cooking. I can't help but think of just how far people have moved from the kitchen and real food to the point that they find putting bread and butter (and, even to a butter enthusiast, too much of it) together to be an eye-opening "recipe". It's like hearing a few people say that when they made gravy, certain people were shocked that it wasn't something that didn't come from a can and that you can make yourself.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »
    Exactly! That's what that poster meant. It's bread and butter. Two wonderful things to be sure, but how this is a recipe that inspires such comments just emphasizes the sort of disconnect that current society has with actual cooking. I can't help but think of just how far people have moved from the kitchen and real food to the point that they find putting bread and butter (and, even to a butter enthusiast, too much of it) together to be an eye-opening "recipe". It's like hearing a few people say that when they made gravy, certain people were shocked that it wasn't something that didn't come from a can and that you can make yourself.

I didn't know gravy even came in cans until a couple of days ago when I got the food drive donation request list from our neighborhood girl scouts. I tried to get one of everything off of their list because it is what they asked for, but for those who are not in-need and don't require non-perishables, I can't imagine not making something so simple from scratch. :dontknow:
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Dear Arsewipe who has parked in my parking spot,

I didn't spend all that time clearing the snow from it for you to use it. I hope you are just visiting and it's not staying there.

Thanks
    Me
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I am being reminded why I don't like being on call at my job on weekends.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
    Drop biscuits and pepper gravy, you were oh so good to me for breakfast.

I love you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just got back from Old Navy - 6 tank tops & 2 long sleeve T's = $52 woooooo hoooo!
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
    You know, I really want a new dress, but I'm just not finding what I have in mind. Perhaps a new hair accessory or two in the meanwhile!

It is killing me that I can't for the life of me remember what the site was that was advertised in a cab I was in. The screen in the cab had an interview with the woman who runs the site. It's a NY-centric site for heavily discounted designer items. Argh, I wish I could remember!

Some day I must abduct my nephew and bake a cake for him. I refuse to let the boxed mixes that his grandmother uses be his idea of cake. :p No, that will not do.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know I've said this before, but WTF is with people who are old enough to remember when being quiet in the library was REQUIRED? And why doesn't the staff interrupt teenagers who are using the F word every 30 seconds?

Common civility, people! Or is that asking too much?:tongue2:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :laughing6:
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    I sometimes wish someone would just light a match to my house so I can start over.

• kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Someone please just get me my own Damon Salvatore. K? Thanx.

damon-salvatore-picture_440x293.jpg

I swear he just gets hotter and hotter each episode.
    Wow.

I just watched part of an episode of "Hoarders". It made me feel terrible.Things about people with disorders always make me worry I have the same one. Which is in itself a disorder I once read about.

(The people with stuff are bad, but the people with expired food are........OMG.)

Shudder.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nm
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nm
    I really hate it when my socks come off along with my boots.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    :lol::lol:

I just watched the neighbor's cat drag a whole slab of ham off my porch.

I don't care who eats it as long as it's gone but the thing is bigger than he is!
    Yet he still managed. How? :scratch:
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes! I got my parking spot back!

Also I saw a woman walking in with 5 or 6 boxes of Uggs. I wonder if they're real? If they are that's about £1000 worth of footwear!
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think that you lie/stretch the truth a bit too often. I think that I am more annoyed that I believed it than I am by your doing it.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    Man! I guess watching "Hoarders" was a good idea, since it prompted me to go through my refrigerator and throw things out.

The freezer's next. I cannot get some of those images from the crazy food lady out of my head: the liquid left in the meat compartment. So deeply, utterly, horribly gross.

I wish it wasn't a snowy walk to the compost heap, though.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Man! I guess watching "Hoarders" was a good idea, since it prompted me to go through my refrigerator and throw things out.

The freezer's next. I cannot get some of those images from the crazy food lady out of my head: the liquid left in the meat compartment. So deeply, utterly, horribly gross.

I wish it wasn't a snowy walk to the compost heap, though.

You wouldn't believe what we've found in FIL's house. We hermetically sealed his fridge with duct tape before throwing it out...we just weren't able to clean it out without getting sick. Hopefully it will stay sealed until the year 5000, when it'll have reached it's halflife and will no longer be dangerous to human society.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file