Say It. I Dare You.

Comments

• TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ^^ I grew up in a rural town in WA state that shut down when it snowed. We moved to Colorado when I was a teenager, and my mom kept us home the first time it snowed, everyone at school thought we were nuts.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    curlylaura wrote: »
    Is large snow in the UK that unusual that a foot will shut everything down?

Yes, we don't have the infrastructure to deal with it. And it would cost too much to put one in so the UK remains the laughing stock of Europe in regards to snow.

Yes it really is. We rarely get snow, many one/two weeks a year if that , and then its early in the year, like March and no where near this much usually.

This amount of snow for November is pretty much unheard of.

The whole country practically shuts down with a few inches of snow, some places are getting 12 - 17 inches and more is coming.

And we dont have the means to cope with it really. Not enough grit, not the right clothing, shoes or cars either. Which is why hundreds of schools are shut. And transport has stopped in a lot of places.
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Vanilla Coke, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

One one thousand
    Two one thousand

(anyone remember the movie this is from? :D (not the vanilla coke part, the other part))
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    TRBL wrote: »
    ^^I grewup in a rural town in WA state that shut down when it snowed. We moved to Colorado when I was a teenager, and my mom kept us home the first time it snowed, everyone at school thought we were nuts.

Me, too. A few inches of wet slush would fall every 3-5 years or so, and everything would come to a screeching halt. Then, I moved out of state to high desert snow country, and that town seemed to come to life even more when it snowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
    Thanks...got it! Awesome! Of COURSE! Sounds like the he's suffering from biatch fatigue! :laughing8:

Nice find ;-)
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users

One one thousand
    Two one thousand

(anyone remember the movie this is from? :D (not the vanilla coke part, the other part))

Hellooooo!!!

Who Framed Roger Rabbit!
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    curlysue21 wrote: »
    What's Specs? I'm in the northeast so I don't know if that's a local place or just Wile abbreviation. :) You can find it at the liquor store but its new and probably not very easy to find.
    :lol:
    Specs Home Frame
    Maybe it's a Tejas thang?!
    Send me yer addy & I'll send ya one of those stickers of the geeky bunny! lol
    I'm going to get some goodies today :angel13:
    Gotta be at my cuz's place for the big fam get together at 2 PM. Bringing crockpot mashed taters & spicy deviled eggs & Jack for them :D
    I found this today...omg this stuff is awesome!
    http://www.pinnaclevodka.com/
    The guys at Spec's gave me a bunch of the bunnies to give out as magnets......I will send ya one :flower:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Ahhh Noooooo!

I thought I was starting to get over it and now my ears are itching and my throat is starting to hurt!
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Curlyminx wrote: »

One one thousand
    Two one thousand

Hellooooo!!!

Who Framed Roger Rabbit!

Minxy beat me to it! I love that movie..."Patty cake, patty cake, patty cake!" LOL
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
    curlysue21 wrote: »
    What's Specs? I'm in the northeast so I don't know if that's a local place or just Wile abbreviation. :) You can find it at the liquor store but its new and probably not very easy to find.
    Specs Home Frame
    Gotta be at my cuz's place for the big fam get together at 2 PM. Bringing crockpot mashed taters & spicy deviled eggs & Jack for them :D
    Pinnacle Vodka: Age Check
    The guys at Spec's gave me a bunch of the bunnies to give out as magnets......I will send ya one :flower:

So how did the crock pot mashed potatoes turn out?
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am so mad at you right now for eating my pink gloves.

Damn it!
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Specs Home Frame
    Pinnacle Vodka: Age Check

Coolio! Remind me to send my addy. DH got that stuff once too. He brought it to a party and everyone got tore up! Not much new booze gets past DH seeing as how he is a boozer. :drunken:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Do you think a person could make money delivering people's weird food whims at odd hours? Like pop-tarts or Count Chocula cereal at 10 p.m. on a weeknight?
    kenzie! wrote: »
    I would totally pay someone to deliver a box of Frankenberry to me....I think someone could make money delivering food. After all, how many people pay the extra money to get their pizza or Chinese food delivered instead of driving to pick it up?

They had a service like this, called Kozmo, right before the tech bubble burst, around 2000 or so. You could get food, movies, etc. It was successful, but only in the context of an economy with way too much venture capital fun money floating around. After the bubble burst, it went away. As did the dog poo delivery service :evil2:and Webvan.

When I was Googling about this to refresh my memory, I saw that there have been other businesses like this, some of which are still around, but it seems to be kind of a tricky model to actually make any money with.

My SF friends still speak wistfully of being able to order up their favorite candy bar and magazine to be home delivered at pretty much any time of the day.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    So how did the crock pot mashed potatoes turn out?
    Hey girl, b/w the wanting of the recipe of the taters & deviled eggs, not sure what happened w/ yours? :sad1:
    Maybe too much low fat & not enough garlic? :dontknow:

curlysue...lol.......the guys were killin me at Spec's. They gave me a bunch of the geeky bunnies...too funny!:flower: I told them they were great for magnets :D
    Dudes will believe anything won't they?! lol
    It's so funny how they are so helpful giving me recipes/advice...lol
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    a friend of mine committed suicide. And I don't know what to do or what to say, and I can't believe it, because she was such a big personality, she was such a great person, and she dealt with so so much. She was so genuine, and crazy, damn that girl was crazy, with her barrel rolls and contact flinging and weird-ass drawings, and she just didn't care about what other people thought. She was the only person I ever knew who truly lived her life without caring about other peoples' opinoins.

and i wasn't very close friends with her, but she affected me, she made me smile and her unabashed bluntless was so refreshing, and she adored her little sister, and she just had so much pain in her life. she was only eighteen, and yet she was so broken, and she was in love and she was loved and she will be missed by so many people.

and today, I just felt like the biggest ******* when I laughed, because how can I laugh when she won't ever laugh again? how can I still smile and joke when she's gone? and I guess I am lucky that death has never directly affected me, not until today, but I just don't know what to think. I just saw her two weeks ago. two weeks. and she was happy and in love and people talked **** on her. people talked **** on her, and people are continuing to talk **** on her, saying that she was selfish, that she deserved it because she was lesbian and people just being flippant about it.

it's a human life, no matter what you think or what your beliefs are, and there is a family in pain, and so many friends who will miss her so much, and how can anyone be so uncaring? even if you didn't know her, how can you look down on me for caring?

I don't know how to deal with this.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    (((CurlyEyes))) I'm so sorry to hear this, and I can empathize with you. And that's horrible what people are saying about her, but some people don't have any respect for life, or a lack of. If they are calling her selfish, it could be because they are upset that she took her own life and they are going through the stages of grief. I initially was angry with my family member who took her own life, because she was so loved, but I realized that it's not my place to be angry with her. I hope that you are okay, and be sure to surround yourself with positive people who can show you support.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Yes, we don't have the infrastructure to deal with it. And it would cost too much to put one in so the UK remains the laughing stock of Europe in regards to snow.

well, there are plenty of places in the US that would shut down for 3 inches, so I can't laugh.

I just thought that the UK got significant snow more often than it seems to.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Minxy, I'd say The Modern (the Bar Room), definitely.
    Seasonal, Alto, Oceana, Marseille, DB Bistro Moderne. All kinda pricey though, so you may want to look into the budget. Marseille has a $35 pre-fixe.
    But perhaps the best choice is Shake Shack! I warn you about the lines usually found at all Shake Shack locations, but it's a very NY thing to try. Plus it's casual and reasonably priced. Think of it as the more high-quality NY version of In-N-Out. And have some frozen custard or a shake!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    I want some time alone with Dr. Spencer Reid, and I guarantee he would enjoy it. :binky:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
    kayb wrote: »
    I want some time alone with Dr. Spencer Reid, and I guarantee he would enjoy it. :binky:

Get in line lol!

Especially since he's new 'band boy' haircut! :D

54060_1274644773695_full.jpg

dr-spencer-reid-dr-spencer-reid-16417718-904-768.jpg

He is utterly adorable.

Particularly when he gets excited over things, such as peas!
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    kat180 wrote: »

Yes it really is. We rarely get snow, many one/two weeks a year if that , and then its early in the year, like March and no where near this much usually.

This amount of snow for November is pretty much unheard of.

The whole country practically shuts down with a few inches of snow, some places are getting 12 - 17 inches and more is coming.

And we dont have the means to cope with it really. Not enough grit, not the right clothing, shoes or cars either. Which is why hundreds of schools are shut. And transport has stopped in a lot of places.

You're right about the clothing thing, I've been wearing my snowboard gear when I'm out and people have been giving me some really funny looks. It's designed for the snow. It's up to my knees. I'm wearing it and not getting cold and wet unlike them in their jeans and now ruined Uggs.

Although we had a lot of snow this time last year in Yorkshire and it lasted well into the new year.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
    Yeah - I have no suitable clothes for outside honestly. I can borrow my mum's wellies but they are a bit too small on the foot, and for some reason wellies are just far too tight on the leg for me. I can get these ones on, (which is a first) but certainly not over clothing. So any trousers I wear have to go over.

In any case, the snow is higher than the wellies, up to my knee, so venturing outside seems silly to me :)
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users

Get in line lol!

He is utterly adorable.

:love3::lovestory::lovestory::love7::love7:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users

well, there are plenty of places in the US that would shut down for 3 inches, so I can't laugh.

I just thought that the UK got significant snow more often than it seems to.

We shut down over an inch last year.
    AN INCH. We also got out of school for flurries that "May or may not turn into heavy snowfall."

It should be noted that I live about an hour from mountains, so I feel that this is especially ridiculous.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users

Get in line lol!

He is utterly adorable.

:love3::lovestory::lovestory::love7::love7:

MMmmmmmm.....

My birthday is in 10 days. I would like him, please!! :love5: You don't even have to wrap him!

Also, some Matthew Gray Gubler for you to enjoy. :D
    tumblr_l88dgn9WuK1qzxu0ko1_500.png&t=1
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • anonymous_29030anonymous_29030 Posts: 619Registered Users
    Wow. You.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    FREEDOM!!!!!!

I've finally got my car out! I'm no longer stuck!
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ninja dog wrote: »
    I am so mad at you right now for eating my pink gloves.

Damn it!

*burp*

They were delicious.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Curlyeyes ((((hugs))))

And I'll co-sign with Elle about those who are saying the friend was selfish. Suicide is a fairly selfish act in that it causes pain in those left behind. They are probably saying that out of grief, not necessarily because she was selfish while alive. She may not have been. As far as them saying nasty things about her, sometimes death brings out the worst in the living. Ignore catty and ignorant remarks and find supportive friends to lean on.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Saria wrote: »
    Minxy, I'd say The Modern (the Bar Room), definitely.
    Seasonal, Alto, Oceana, Marseille, DB Bistro Moderne. All kinda pricey though, so you may want to look into the budget. Marseille has a $35 pre-fixe.
    But perhaps the best choice is Shake Shack! I warn you about the lines usually found at all Shake Shack locations, but it's a very NY thing to try. Plus it's casual and reasonably priced. Think of it as the more high-quality NY version of In-N-Out. And have some frozen custard or a shake!

Mmm, Shake Shack :D

Though if the friend goes to the original one at Madison Square Park, she'll freeze, as it's outdoors. But then, I don't know if the other locations will be as good. I went to the Upper East Side one once and the burger wasn't as good for some reason.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file