Say It. I Dare You.

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Dang. That was one heck of a muscle relaxant.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    LadyV69 wrote: »
    Thank you for inviting me out to karaoke last night. I was a little down, so the night out was mostly a good thing. I don't think the drink I bought for you showed how much I appreciated it.

However, the place we went to sucked. The regular karaoke bar we go to was closed, so we had to go to another one further uptown. You're not a regular here and I hadn't been to the place in over three years, so we had to wait longer to sing. We put our songs in at the same time. After nearly a 90 minute wait, the DJ called you up to sing. Now at our usual bar, I would have been called up to sing after you. But no. The *itch DJ called up somebody else who'd been up TWO previous times. I went to ask her why she called him up before me when I put my song in at the same time as you. The*itch said she called you because you were her friend. So? I'm your friend too. I'd waited 90 freaking minutes. I just thought it was unfair that some guy who'd been up TWO previous times had been called ahead of me. *itch claimed I had an attitude. No, I did not. I thought I asked nicely. After another minute, *itch went, "I'll see what I can do." I got called up after the guy, but by then, I really didn't want to get up on stage as I was upset, by the whole thing. I didn't think there were any rules to karaoke, but apparently, if you weren't a regular or a "friend" of this *itch, you weren't singing. And we had to pay $2 for the privilege to sing.

It's not your fault, but I won't set foot at that bar in the near future.
    Sorry you had a bad DJ...

How did you find the karaoke bar(s) you go to? I wanted to take hubs out for karaoke, but it was hard to find a place here. The Net and Yellow Pages were little help.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Thank you for inviting me out to karaoke last night. I was a little down, so the night out was mostly a good thing. I don't think the drink I bought for you showed how much I appreciated it.

However, the place we went to sucked. The regular karaoke bar we go to was closed, so we had to go to another one further uptown. You're not a regular here and I hadn't been to the place in over three years, so we had to wait longer to sing. We put our songs in at the same time. After nearly a 90 minute wait, the DJ called you up to sing. Now at our usual bar, I would have been called up to sing after you. But no. The *itch DJ called up somebody else who'd been up TWO previous times. I went to ask her why she called him up before me when I put my song in at the same time as you. The*itch said she called you because you were her friend. So? I'm your friend too. I'd waited 90 freaking minutes. I just thought it was unfair that some guy who'd been up TWO previous times had been called ahead of me. *itch claimed I had an attitude. No, I did not. I thought I asked nicely. After another minute, *itch went, "I'll see what I can do." I got called up after the guy, but by then, I really didn't want to get up on stage as I was upset, by the whole thing. I didn't think there were any rules to karaoke, but apparently, if you weren't a regular or a "friend" of this *itch, you weren't singing. And we had to pay $2 for the privilege to sing.

How did you find the karaoke bar(s) you go to? I wanted to take hubs out for karaoke, but it was hard to find a place here. The Net and Yellow Pages were little help.

Try yelp.com under karaoke bars. Not sure about your locale, but the city I live in has tons of them. Karaoke is more my friend's thing than mine, though.

Incidentally, I was just on Yelp and the bar we went to the other night got an average of two stars. I feel vindicated.:blob7:
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
    "Leaves of Grass" with Edward Norton is a good movie.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Is it wrong that I really really tempted to spend nearly £300 on the Lego Death Star just so I can play with it?!
    :lol:
    No, it is not wrong. Merely unfortunate, if you can't afford it. Otherwise, maybe Santa will put it in your stocking.
    Wow. Here I am, deeply envying a friend who got back together with his girlfriend, when he casually mentions they just broke up because he lost his sexual drive for her.

The world of the heart baffles me. Wait, no ---- the world baffles me.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Why, oh why, can we never be on time? Must you always drag your feet?
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm sorry I was so cranky and snippy earlier, I have no right or reason to be that way toward you. I hope I work up the courage to apologize to you instead of being a pansy and typing it on the internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    I wish I had some popcorn.
    Phoenix wrote: »

Try yelp.com under karaoke bars. Not sure about your locale, but the city I live in has tons of them. Karaoke is more my friend's thing than mine, though.

Incidentally, I was just on Yelp and the bar we went to the other night got an average of two stars. I feel vindicated.:blob7:
    Great rec, thanks. It brought up a place just down the street from me.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    I do not want to go to work tomorrow. I wish to stay in bed and wake up late in the day with no yucky cold.

Of course now my mum is at home all day, everyday, being at home has lost a lot of its appeal.

I miss living on my own and not having to answer for what I do, when I get up, what time I eat dinner. :(
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If you choose your sister over me, there WILL be repercussions. How far do you really want to carry this?
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm so fuuuuckin annoyed right now! I can't believe y'all are so suck ass. As of right now, I might put my own nail in my coffin, but I don't really give a sht. Your loss, ashole!

ditto rcw for gp

• riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I thought we were doing better but you had go and ruin it by being you. Now you are throwing a hissy fit in the bedroom.

I want to go home. My real home...do I even have a real home? Cause right this doesn't feel like it. I miss my family but they would probably side with you. Everyone sides with you, you are so cool and so even-headed and can do no wrong.

What they don't know is that you are cranky about EVERYTHING! And yeah compared to you I'm lazy.

Maybe I should go to the gym. I should really get out here. But its freezing outside right now. If it was warm I would leave.

Heh all that drama about crushing on him blew over, you both suck.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
  • riotkittyriotkitty Posts: 1,307Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Don't do a damn thing for me ever again. I'm sick of being in your debt.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I am sooo upset now I can't even think straight......asholes.....
    I am a GREAT worker. You f me over. You are the suck......
    No, David, your father isn't racist. Making your GF (who's Black) and now mother of your two kids come through the back door of his house doesn't make him racist. No, not at all. :angryfire:
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    ^ WHAT THE HEEELLLLLLL???!!!!

I never had delusions of marrying you, so why do I feel unworthy when you told me about the woman you wanted to marry years ago? :dontknow::sad5:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
    Wow! That lipstick color looks great on you, Phoenix.

What a dumb, boring, lazy day.
    Thanks, Ninj!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I am going to let you in the house so I can throw you out the window.

SHUT UP!
  • texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Things I learned tonight on 16 & Pregnant on MTV:

1) If I get pregnant at 16, I will get a tv show and in some cases a spread in People magazine.

2) If I get pregnant at 16, my baby daddy and I will both plan on living with my mom or dad, or granny (whichever is not mad at me for getting prego and will take us in) since neither of us have a job.

3) I will know I'm in labor because "my vagina will have sharp pains like I need to boo boo."

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
    I called in sick today for the first time!

Then I promptly had nightmares about being told off/loosing my job! :(

Im worried I shall be in trouble. They might be mad at me. Though, maybe Im paranoid. Even Christmas temps get sick and have to have a day or two off sometimes right?

My head hurts.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We made up, but I'm still harboring resentments. You did some real damage to our relationship today. I won't be saying you're a great husband for a LONG time...ashole.
  • International LadyInternational Lady Posts: 11Registered Users
    My ex best friend is almost 25 years old and she still acts like a 13 year old. Last week I went to an Adam Lambert concert with my boyfriend and there she was, standing on the balcony, screaming and jumping and everytime Adam would even turn and look up to the balcony, she would high five her (18 year old) friend, or they would start screaming and hugging each other.

Some people just never grow up.

This person also believed that she and Nick Carter were meant to be. She was 21. (no joke).
    Type 2c. 3a on a good day. CG since 07/2010

Hair regime (2x/week)
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
    Moisturizer: Dark & Lovely
    Seal: CHI Silk Infusion or Shu Uemura Essence Absolue oil
    2nd day: CHI Keratin Mist or John Frieda Dream Curls Spray
    Deep treatment (1x/month): extra virgin coconut oil
    Pro no-poo! <3
    I hate it when people say their English is so good (talking about non-native speakers), but then they start talking and you just want to stick your finger through your eyeball and swirl it around in your brain...

Hair regime (2x/week)
    Pro no-poo! <3
    Your family are the most boring and blah people in the whole wide world. Especially your mother who still feels the need to call you every single day to ask how her little boy is doing and when we're coming to visit her. You turn 26 next week, I'm happy that you made the choice to tell your mom to back off a little.

Hair regime (2x/week)
    Pro no-poo! <3
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    I swear to G-d that if my great-aunt's family doesn't back off and quit threatening my my mother, who is the power of attorney, I will make it my full-time job to protect and defend her. These people are the scum of the earth. There's a reason my great-aunt chose my mother, not a blood relative, to carry out her wishes; she knew that the crazies she's related to would pull stunts like this.
    Under construction.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I want to be snowed in in the morning.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Dear bf's racist mom: Thanks for finally showing everyone where I stand with you--I always knew...the rest of the world just needed confirmation. Did you really think you could turn him against me? He'll always stand by me--as evidenced by the fact that he still supports me 100% 4 years later over all of you. Sorry...but he's crazy about me, and I'm crazy about him. Hey, at least you were victorious in turning your daughters against me! I'll bet you don't know that it's always been me who reminds him of your birthday...buys the card...puts it in front of his face to sign...constantly urges him to maintain communication with you. But, after you treated me so inhospitably and unfairly that I felt compelled to leave your home and completed my stay alone in a hotel, now you want to come stay in MY home? He'll always stand by me--he always has and he always will. We have a love deeper than anything you ever experienced in your life. Get over it. It's been 13 years...I'm not going anywhere. :wave: I hope it was worth alienating your favorite son. I never told my son how abhorrently you treated me...if I do, he'll stand with me against you, too. You can visit for xmas, but you'll have to stay in a hotel--like I did--and still built your gotdamm fence almost single-handedly while none of your own flesh and blood would help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file