Say It. I Dare You.

1293129322933293429352937»

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,211Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lotsa, I hope this isn't an intrusive comment but is the treatment for Hashimoto's some sort of medicine?  I ask because I had to have my thyroid completely removed (not due to Hashi) and I take a pill each morning to replace the thyroid hormone and I wouldn't know the difference.  I feel exactly the same as when I had my thyroid.  So I just wondered if the drs. ever consider a thyroidectomy and replacement hormone.  Anyway, I hope your  daughter finds a solution and you have more peace and pleasure in your life.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    She is on medication & recently had it changed.  She is also on a special diet & goes in for massages.  Nothing is really working.  When she 1st started having symptoms about 5 years ago, she was tested for thyroid cancer.  Fortunately, she didn't have that.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Thanks for answering.  I only chimed in because I have no side effects whatsoever after the surgery & replacement pill and wondered if that had been considered.  I hope she finds a solution.  Please let us know. 
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Do you suffer from fatigue & do your joints hurt all the time?
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    3 years now i've been getting cortisone injections for my hands and i had a different doctor this time around. the man is a sadist - he didn't want to give me freezing!  grrrrr.....

good thing i insisted, because even with it, the pain was horrendous!

still hurts today, it's weird. i've never had to wait this long after the injections to get relief, but here i am, 5 days out, and it still hurts to type, much less lift a pot to cook dinner or anything.   :s
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    I'm so sorry, Rou.  
    Last nite by lower back, butt & legs were bothering me.  I took some melatonin & a hot bath and was better.  It made me think of those people who can't find relief & deal with the discomfort every single minute of their day.  Made me so sad. 
    From Michael Berg:

I don't have joint pain but neck & shoulder muscle pains for about 6 months now.  i saw a dr. who suggested acupuncture or steroid injections.  I'm leery of both and hesitating.
    Lotsa, I feel as you do, great compassion for people who suffer with pain all the time.  Mine is pretty mild and bearable with tylenol, and I keep hoping it will just disappear.  Not awful like Rou describes.
    {{{Rou & Lotsa}}}
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thanks CP!

unfortunately, things got worse - 2 days after i wrote that last post, my left hand swelled up and turned black and blue.  it seems that doctor might have hit the bone instead of getting the cortisone in between the joints.

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file