Here we go again...

braidsntwistsbraidsntwists Registered Users Posts: 197
Hi everyone,

Well, I've just been refered back to the surgeon today. I'm going to have more scans etc. I might be having surgery again. My third surgery which doesn't surprise me with this condition. I don't know if my bowel will be repaired as well. I don't know if I will have a colostomy bag. I'll wait and see what the surgeon says.

I'm still having problems. I've been so sick and drained. It's been a while since I last posted an update.

I'm taking Co-codamol for the pain.

Thank you for reading.
3b 3c 4a low/medium porosity on roots&middle,and porous on ends, fine/medium strands.

Use cones in Winter. CG in the summer.

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Sorry you're going thru it. ((HUGS))
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Hi braidsntwists,

I remember when you posted before. Did they ever give you a diagnosis?

Very sorry you are going through this awful time. Are you confident with your surgeon? Is s/he connected with a teaching hospital? Please keep in touch with us and know that we are thinking of you and wishing you well!

{{{Braidsntwists}}}
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    I'm sorry to hear about this - please keep us posted
    there's a lot of strength and support with us curlies!
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • braidsntwistsbraidsntwists Registered Users Posts: 197
    Thank you, spiderlashes5000.
    Sorry you're going thru it. ((HUGS))
    3b 3c 4a low/medium porosity on roots&middle,and porous on ends, fine/medium strands.

Hi curlypearl,

Well I know I have endo, scar tissue, bowel problems, low back spinal disc problems including my cocyx, and neuropathy (nerve damage).

I don't know whether it's endo, scar tissue or both. I've been admitted to hospital a few times after I posted. The gynae team have been brilliant. It's the surgeon at the same teaching hospital where I had my first and second surgery. My doctor (GP) is concerned about the first surgery. I had no problems with the second surgery apart from a lumpy keloid scar where the scope went through neat my belly button.

I'm emotional because if I start being sick again my doctor will send me into hospital. I'm shivering in pain. My body can't take any more I think. My painkillers have not kicked in yet.

Well both surgeries were complex because my pulse was up. I'm so worried that I may end up on the intensive care ward with this one. They did say that they didn't want to operate on me last year. They know I could die during the operation but they didn't say it and I knew what they meant though. I don't know if they will be able to close me up again if my insides can't hold stitches. I don't I want the dissolvable ones again because they have caused infections. I've just finished taking a 7 day course of antibiotics and had trouble keep the tablets down. I kept being sick last week so I went to the doctor (GP) to get anti sickness tablets.

I managed to eat some food earlier. The extreme tiredness with pain is taking it's toll. I'm drinking but my lips are peeling. My pain is getting worse and will take another 2 painkillers. I hope they start working soon. This pain is really getting me down.

I will let you all know when the letter arrives in the mail about the date to see the surgeon.

I hope I'll be on the mend soon because it's been going on nearly 2 years towards the end of next month since my first surgery. December will be 2 years since my second surgery. It's been going on for too long and needs sorting out. It's been a never ending nightmare.
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Hi braidsntwists,

I remember when you posted before. Did they ever give you a diagnosis?

Very sorry you are going through this awful time. Are you confident with your surgeon? Is s/he connected with a teaching hospital? Please keep in touch with us and know that we are thinking of you and wishing you well!

{{{Braidsntwists}}}

Thank you, PerriP. You are all so kind.

Curlies, you are more supportive than the friends that I don't even see that often since having this condition.

I really appreciate the support. I haven't told all of my family in case it will upset them. It's a lot to take in at the moment.
    PerriP wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear about this - please keep us posted
    there's a lot of strength and support with us curlies!

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Braidsntwists, I'm never sure prayer helps, but I hope the curlies who have a lot of faith read this thread and pray for you, and I hope the pain stops soon. I can't even imagine what you are going through.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,170 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. Have you spoken to your doc about getting stronger pain relief? Co-codamol seems pretty lightweight for your problems, I take them for headaches.
    Take care, will keep you in my thoughts.
    3b in South Australia.
    Starmie wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. Have you spoken to your doc about getting stronger pain relief? Co-codamol seems pretty lightweight for your problems, I take them for headaches.
    Take care, will keep you in my thoughts.

Starmie,

Thank you. I don't know what else to say.

Well I'm allergic to most things so my doctor is being careful. I can't take anti inflammatories, penicillin, and other antibiotics. I haven't got a epi pen in case I'm given something I'm allergic to. I get servere reactions with them and almost died in hospital and had machines around me. I know I can get the wristbands but I can't find wristbands for anti inflammatories and other types of antibiotics. I have to carry a list of allergies around with me at all times. I know should be getting stronger painkilers. They are being careful because I have passed out before at home and in hospital. The painkillers can make me dizzy too. It frightening when I have those dizzy spells. I'm thinking my cocyx pain and spine problem could be from me passing out. I tried lidocaine patches but didn't do much for the pain because my pain goes deep and affects the way I walk. I have asked if I can have Oramorph liquid at home when I was in hospital to save me being admitted again before and they won't allow me to. I can always go to my GP if the painkillers don't help with the pain and change them to something else. It's difficult to function as it is and I don't like the feeling of being spaced out with painkillers. It's finding the right balance. My GP is monitoring my pain now. I almost jumped off the table when he was examining me. It was so hard to go to my GP because I felt so weak and drained. Plus the weather has been terrible in places so it made it difficult to see my GP. It's hard to get out and about. When I was taking the antibiotics and was having problems taking them I was taking only paracetamol with it for pain relief. I managed to be booked in for emergency appointment with my GP to get anti sickness tablets. I rang the day before and he rang back the next day for me to come in. I've coped with no painkillers at all just my heating pad. I just let my body produce the enzymes to get rid of the pain but takes longer for the pain to ease off. I can cope when the pain is mild. It's when the pain is servere that I'm climbing the walls. Only 3 weeks ago the pain started to get worse. I thought I was on the mend. My mum thinks I have an obstruction somewhere again.

I know I will have to go to hospital if the pain gets worse. I can't cope with the attitude with some of them so I'm staying away as long as I can.

Part of last night I was walking around because it helps a little bit with the pain. I prefer walking around when the pain is servere. I can't stay still because I can't get comfortable. Sometimes lifting my right knee up when laying down helps but I can't do that for too long because it hurts my cocyx.

I'm so tired all the time and I do sleep in the day as long as the pain is mild. I never feel refreshed after a nap though. It's worse during my cycle because I do suffer from very heavy and painful periods. It's painful enough to make me physically sick and it aggravates the scar tissue/endo on my right side. This is embarrassing but I bleed from the back passage during my period as well. I have chronic bowel problems. I think it's an endo flare up. My last admission they did mention endo to me again and I agreed that it could be a mixture of scar tissue and endo. It looks like the surgeon will talk to my gynae again. I need to have a sigmoidoscopy done but I haven't been called yet. I've been waiting since December 2012. Hopefully I'll have a full blood count done when I see the surgeon.

I've got so many things wrong with me my GP doesn't know where to start. He would rather sort out this problem first. I'm hoping my surgeon will investigate more and look into things.

I can't eat too much these days. My stomach starts swelling up then I feel sick because the swelling makes me feel full and puts me off my food.

Thank you again curlies for being so supportive. I'm filling up at all of these kind and thoughtful messages. I need to be strong enough to fight this condition.

It's hard when you have medication sensitivities on top of everything else. One of my colleagues gets spaced out on anything stronger than Paracetamol, I can take stuff like they're Smarties. I hope you can get things sorted out, waiting over a year for a investigative test is ridiculous.
    (((braidsntwists)))
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Registered Users Posts: 468
    I have read lots about curl power here and believe in it!
    Good luck!
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
  • hellokurlyhellokurly Registered Users Posts: 22
    I'm praying for you to get well and find relief. I believe in prayer and it's worked for me many times, I believe that soon you will have answers, relief and healing. Stay strong!
    It's hard when you have medication sensitivities on top of everything else. One of my colleagues gets spaced out on anything stronger than Paracetamol, I can take stuff like they're Smarties. I hope you can get things sorted out, waiting over a year for a investigative test is ridiculous.
    (((braidsntwists)))

Starmie,

People do react to medicine differently. Some people are okay with taking a medicine and don't get a reaction to it. I think it's something to do with the blood chemistry.

Co-codamol makes me drowsy and if I take Tramadol and paracetamol my eyes are rolling to the back of my head because I can't keep my eyes open. Especially if I'm admitted into hospital and they give me either the Morphine injection or Oramorph on top of the painkillers. It knocks me out for six. My mum says I'm a different person when I'm in there. Sometimes these 2 combinations of painkillers don't work if I take them for too long. My pain increases when my body gets used to them then I feel really ill again and will get dehydrated because of the vomiting and end up on a drip. I don't like needles either but my pain is worse than the needles going in me. Plus my veins are small and they find it hard to get a good vein on one side than the other. My left side is better than my right. My veins on my right side either move away or break and I'll up with a bruise. When they take the needle out I end up with a lump and takes a while to go away. I prefer the needle on my arn than my hand because I wash my hands or I'll use antiseptic wipes if I can't wash my hands with the plaster. I can't even do my hair if the needle is in the back of my hand. My mum had to help me with my hair if they put the needle in my hand. I don't want it to catch anywhere. My hair is thick but has a lot of fine to medium strands because my hairline is slowly growing back in because it did fall out. It's 2 inches long compared to the rest of my hair. My hair is bra strap length stretched. I won't be surprised if my hairline falls out again though.

I know it's beyond frustrating waiting for test you can't have. When my mum phoned the department on my behalf because I didn't get the letter. They said there is no record of me on the system. It's as if they lie just to get you out of hospital because they want the bed for someone else. My blood pressure dropped and they still wanted to send me home. My pulse was still fast as well. The surgical team expects me to live like this in pain for the rest of my life. They didn't even want me taking painkillers for the pain either.

My GP has seen me being sick and couldn't sit down properly, even the receptionist has given me a receiver to be sick in travelling in the car to the hospital, and dark circles around my eyes from not being able to sleep at night so my GP knows how ill I am. My GP is doing all he can to help because I've explained why I don't want to go in there. My GP knows something is not right with me. I feel sick at times but haven't been sick yet.

I just told one of my cousins earlier today. I haven't spoken to her for a while because I've been ill. I told her that I'm seeing the surgeon. She took it quite well considering. I don't want her to worry because she has 2 young children to look after. I want her to be focused on bringing them up. I know children can sense when something is bothering their mum. I didn't tell her a lot. Her mum is ill as well. At least I've told her because she has been wondering why I've been quiet. It's not like me to be quiet to my family.

At least my pain is under control and I can cope with it. I thought it was never going to ease off. I hope the pain doesn't wake me up in the night. I really need a good night sleep. I've been okay pain wise. I've only had breakthrough pain when the painkillers start to wear off. I'll stick with these painkillers until I see the surgeon.

I have read lots about curl power here and believe in it!
    Good luck!
    hellokurly wrote: »
    I'm praying for you to get well and find relief. I believe in prayer and it's worked for me many times, I believe that soon you will have answers, relief and healing. Stay strong!

Thank you curlyprincess1 and hellokurly. I also believe in curl power on here and believe in prayer and meditation. It helps me to stay strong. I would support curlies on here just the same. I know I can do this. I've got a lot to live for and so many things I want to do.

Hi everyone,

I've received the referral letter today. I've got to wait until the surgeon contacts me. It will take up to 18 weeks to see the surgeon.

My stomach looks as if I'm 6 months pregnant. My stomach is round then the weird stares I get because of my stomach. If I get asked when is the baby due comments I think I will cry. I'm trying a tens machine to see if it helps with the pain. I think the endo/scar tissue is wrapping itself around my bowel again. I have the signs of a partial obstruction now. The pain with an obstruction caused by endo/scar tissue is worse than appendicitis. I spoke to the doctor yesterday to keep him informed. He said if the pain gets worse to go to the doctors to checked out. I tried to get an appointment yesterday but it was fully booked. I might get admitted so I'm trying to keep away as long as I can. I'm taking senna which the doctor yesterday told me to get but it's not making a difference and my stomach is still huge. I've been to the toilet twice but my stomach is not going down. The pain is not getting worse but not getting better either but if I start vomiting again I do have anti sickness tablets. I might go to the doctors tomorrow or Monday the latest. I hope I can get an appointment. I hope the doctor doesn't ask for a pregnancy test because of the size of my stomach ugh.

I'm eating now but I don't eat a lot like I used to. I have 1-2 meals a day but it's better than nothing I suppose. My stools are on the soft side but very painful to go (TMI sorry). I'm not emptying my bowels fully because it hurts if I do. It's not hard stools btw. It's the endo/scar tissue in my bowel and the stabbing knife like pain and is worse during my period.

I've put my hair away so that I don't have to deal with it. I need a break from my hair. I don't have the energy look after my hair. It's easier for me to put a water based moisturiser on then tie it back up.

Hi everyone,

I've received the referral letter today. I've got to wait until the surgeon contacts me. It will take up to 18 weeks to see the surgeon.

My stomach looks as if I'm 6 months pregnant. My stomach is round then the weird stares I get because of my stomach. If I get asked when is the baby due comments I think I will cry. I'm trying a tens machine to see if it helps with the pain. I think the endo/scar tissue is wrapping itself around my bowel again. I have the signs of a partial obstruction now. The pain with an obstruction caused by endo/scar tissue is worse than appendicitis. I spoke to the doctor yesterday to keep him informed. He said if the pain gets worse to go to the doctors to checked out. I tried to get an appointment yesterday but it was fully booked. I might get admitted so I'm trying to keep away as long as I can. I'm taking senna which the doctor yesterday told me to get but it's not making a difference and my stomach is still huge. I've been to the toilet twice but my stomach is not going down. The pain is not getting worse but not getting better either but if I start vomiting again I do have anti sickness tablets. I might go to the doctors tomorrow or Monday the latest. I hope I can get an appointment. I hope the doctor doesn't ask for a pregnancy test because of the size of my stomach ugh.

I'm eating now but I don't eat a lot like I used to. I have 1-2 meals a day but it's better than nothing I suppose. My stools are on the soft side but very painful to go (TMI sorry). I'm not emptying my bowels fully because it hurts if I do. It's not hard stools btw. It's the endo/scar tissue in my bowel and the stabbing knife like pain and is worse during my period.

I've put my hair away so that I don't have to deal with it. I need a break from my hair. I don't have the energy look after my hair. It's easier for me to put a water based moisturiser on then tie it back up.

I have a gf who was admitted twice to the ER for bowel obstruction resulting from residual scar tissue caused by a burst appendix. Both times she had to have emergency surgery but she is great now...no complications in four years. No colostomy bag. And lost a ton of weight due to the liquid diet she was put on after the last surgery. She looks 20 ys younger and is pain free.

I'm saying a prayer for you...wishing you the best!
    I wondered how you were getting on. I still think it's disgusting you have to wait so long for an appointment when there's obviously a problem and you're in so much pain. Bowel obstructions can be so bad, I'm surprised the medico's seem to be in no hurry.
    3b in South Australia.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm very sorry. Being sick is the suck.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm also dumbfounded as to why it's taking so long.
    Hi everyone,

I have a gf who was admitted twice to the ER for bowel obstruction resulting from residual scar tissue caused by a burst appendix. Both times she had to have emergency surgery but she is great now...no complications in four years. No colostomy bag. And lost a ton of weight due to the liquid diet she was put on after the last surgery. She looks 20 ys younger and is pain free.

I'm saying a prayer for you...wishing you the best!

Thank you spiderlashes. I'm glad your friend is better.

My appendix didn't burst it was inflamed. Gastro-intestinal endometriosis spreads and I don't know what it's doing to my insides since I had the lap. Having scar tissue as well is making things worse. My aunties on both sides of my family had endometriosis too. My mum said I do have a blockage somewhere as she checked my stomach. This is third time I've had an obstruction. She's a nurse btw. I hope I don't have to have surgery but if this problem keeps recurring I think surgery would be better. Maybe I'll get some relief.

I wondered how you were getting on. I still think it's disgusting you have to wait so long for an appointment when there's obviously a problem and you're in so much pain. Bowel obstructions can be so bad, I'm surprised the medico's seem to be in no hurry.

It took a while for me to get the letter and I had to basically insist to get an appointment. I'm not going on the ward where I have been shouted at and petty name calling. My GP knows about it. I'm having the same symptoms before the lap. I getting nausea but haven't been sick yet. My GP says it sounds like it's grown back. Laxatives are not helping much. There is a waiting list so it depends how far down I am on there. I'm going to get an appointment on Monday because I want to try to unblock it myself first over the weekend but if I can't then I may have to go to hospital for the 10th time. I'll see if my GP can speed things up when I go.

I'm very sorry. Being sick is the suck.

Thank you The New Black. I'm fed up of being ill.

Dedachan wrote: »
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm also dumbfounded as to why it's taking so long.

Thank you Dedachan. I know it's taking a while but there is a waiting list. I can't do much about it and it's up to my GP to speed things up. I'm drinking a lot to try move things and now the nausea is picking up. I tried coping without painkillers from June last year until February this year but the pain got too much. I don't get much sleep at night. Basically juggling things around my pain. I don't have a social life because I have to keep cancelling due to the pain. My friends have stopped inviting me now. It's not easy moving around when you feel ill.

• maria_imaria_i Mexico CityRegistered Users Posts: 1,765 Curl Connoisseur
    (((braidsntwists)))
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    maria_i wrote: »
    (((braidsntwists)))

Thank you, maria_i.

I went to the doctors yesterday.

My GP has put me on 2 tablets take. Well I took one of the tablets last night and within half an hour of taking it I was throwing up and shaking in pain. I was talking to my mum at the time. I said to my mum I feel really feel sick, limped to toilet, and managed to get there in time to be sick holding my stomach. I will have to report it to the out of hours doctors. I think it was a combination of being in pain and being sensitive to medicine. I can't eat today because as soon as I put anything in mouth I'm heaving. I tried to eat one grape after taking anti sickness tablet. My mum checked my pulse last night and it was 128bpm. Things are getting worse. My GP tried to speak to the surgeon but he couldn't get an answer. My stomach is bloated still. He said I need a gynae and a bowel surgeon to check inside again. I went to see my GP with a list of the symptoms I have and what I've tried to get the pain under control. My GP was shocked to see a full page letter and even went through it with me. I think if the surgeons answered I think my GP would have sent me into hospital. I think the endo and scar tisse are really causing problems with my bowels. I passed a dark stool and even the water changed colour. It's not a good sign. I haven't passed any more dark stools though. I'm hoping it's a once off.

I'm having blood tests done on Monday. My GP is checking for autoimmune disorders, bowel disorders, inflammation, and a full blood count. :pukel:

I'm glad something's happening, not before time. Hope your GP can get to the bottom of things with the new blood tests.
    3b in South Australia.
    I'm glad something's happening, not before time. Hope your GP can get to the bottom of things with the new blood tests.

Thank you, Starmie.

My GP has referred me back to the gynae and orthopaedics. The nurse who took my blood told me today. I knew my GP would do it and cancelled the one with the surgeon probably. I have to go back to my GP next week to get the results and what's the next step to take. :cry:

OMG. Where do you live again???? This is just pissing me off, hearing about it. No one should be left to suffer this way.

We're all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
    OMG. Where do you live again???? This is just pissing me off, hearing about it. No one should be left to suffer this way.

We're all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, spiderlashes. I really don't know how long I can cope with this pain. I'm on a waiting list and it takes a while. I hope they will hurry up because I think I'm going end up in hospital. I really don't like the staff in there. The pain just woke me up and I'm shivering in pain. I won't be able to sleep any more tonight. I will be awake all night as the pain will increase to uncontrollable levels. I can't take those new tablets because I need to be able to eat properly with them. I'm only eating a few mouthfuls before I start heaving and have to stop. I'm drinking small sips of ginger tea because the nausea is so bad along with the pain.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file