Weird/creepy neighboor

frankie88frankie88 Registered Users Posts: 106
So I would say I am fairly new to the appartment life. I have only lived here for a year now and this is my first appartment exprience, but it's been hell...
So the apartments are two story and I live up on the second floor. A old guy lives in the apartment under mine. He is about 60-70 years old and lives by himself.

A few months into living here, I noticed a HORRIBLE smell. It smelled like rotten garbage. It's sooo bad, it will make me gag. It just smells like mounds of year old rotting trash. I was looking all over my place to figure out where this smell was coming from, I couldn't find a thing.

Then over the summer he had his front door open and I walked by and I could smell that the stench was coming from his place and it was BADDDD it was just so bad I can't even describe how awful it was.

So I did some investigation around my place and determinded that the smell was leaking into my place through a vent in my floor. I put a rug over the vent and it kinda helps.

The thing that is weird about the smell is I don't smell it everyday. Maybe like once every two-three days. I can't figure out what he is doing to make such a horrendus smell. But it makes me sick to my stomach and I have to open all my windows to air it out, even if it's like 10 degrees outside.

ANother thing that is driving me nuts is he is always hammering something. Like it literally sounds like he is hammering something to the wall ALL THE TIME. Sometimes its he does it way late into the night and it keeps me up.

A few months ago I was awoken at night by three loud bangs coming from his apartment. They sounded like explosions? That REALLY freaked me out. I wanted to call the cops but I didn't.

Then just recently, something new has started and this is creeping me out. The first time happened at 3 am in the morning and I was awoken by the wall shaking. Like he was pounding the wall or something down there and then I started hearing him yelling. Not like a distrested yell, but like an angry yell.

Then last night I was awoken by what sounded like his front door being slammed open and shut several times in a row. Then again, he started yelling.

I am starting to feel creeped out by this person. I have no idea what he is doing and living by myself here freaks me out when I am awoken by these weird sounds at night. I want to move out, but can't afford to at the time. Should I tell the land lord about these weird things I am hearing and smelling?
2a/2b, Medium Porosity, Medium Density, Lower Back Length, Growing out highlights.
Shampoo: SMMR Conditioner: SMMR or Organix Keratin Oil Leave In: Organix Shea Butter DC: Coconut oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba oil mixed all together with v05 conditioner.
“Imperfection is beauty.”
― Marilyn Monroe

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    frankie88 wrote: »
    Should I tell the land lord about these weird things I am hearing and smelling?

Yes. I'm actually wondering why you haven't done so already.
  • DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    Yikes. That is creepy. Yes, talk to the landlord.
  • PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte

This.
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 St. LouisRegistered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    Call the landlord immediately!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    OMG call your landlord!! I'm sure it has to say something in your lease about keeping the premises clean and something about noise. It sure sounds like he is violating a whole lot of things in a standard lease.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    It's also possible that the creepy old guy isn't causing the smell (or the noise). It could be seeping into his apt from backed up plumbing. If it's old plumbing, the pipes could be making the noise, too. The guy might be just as frustrated as you are or moreso.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Registered Users Posts: 15,490 Curl Neophyte
    PerriP wrote: »

This.

Squared.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CoifedCoilsCoifedCoils Registered Users Posts: 31
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    PerriP wrote: »

This.

Squared.

Cubed!!!
    >_<

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file