No Poo vs Co wash

I'm about to run out of my DevaCurl No Poo and I'm scared to switch to a low poo and have my hair freak out! My hair reacted really good with the no poo, so I was wondering if no poo and co wash are similar?

If not what is a good, cheap no poo brand?
Medium Porosity-High Density-Coarse-Medium Length

CoWash: Eden Naturals
RO: Sauve Naturals Coconut
LI: DevaCurl One Condish.
Gel: LA Bella Super Hold
Diffuse

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love as I am coconut cowash or suave tropical coconut conditioner to cowash with. IMO as I am cowash is comparable to the deva curl no poo. I like the deva curl no poo too.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    If you want a similar cowash to the DC No Poo, find one with coco betaine, or your can add a little bit of low poo with coco betaine to a conditioner. Most cowashes have extremely mild surfactants that aren't really the same (IMO) to the DC NP. When I first went CG, the DC NP worked while cowashes didn't because of this factor. You can try a normal cowash, but you may find it leaves your hair a bit heavier, which you may or may not like depending on your hair properties and what other products you use after that.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • Nayy775Nayy775 Posts: 69Registered Users
    I was thinking about getting the As I Am Co wash since I have a coupon for Sally's, but wasn't sure if it would be the same. I use the suave naturals coconut as my rinse out and DC One Condish as a leave in.

I will defiantly look for one with coco betaine! When I first tried CG I did regular co wash and it left my hair super greasy am weighed down, I don't want to try it again and have the same thing happen.

Diffuse
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    The As I Am Cowash is great for the fact is leaves your hair super soft and had some very gentle cleansers in it. However, it weighed down my LP something awful since it has castor oil in it. A lot of curlies with medium-high porosity on the board love this stuff, so you may like it! I would say definitely try it out.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Co-wash is similar to what No-Poo used to be. More recently, it's been a creamy low-poo.

ETA that VO5 Kiwi-Lime Squeeze Conditioner is an extremely effective co-wash – the best I've found. It does a great job of cleaning, and even with super baby fine hair, it doesn't weigh my hair down.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
    Thanks for all your advice ladies! I will defiantly be picking up the As I Am cowash and see how that works along with a new Deep conditioner!

Diffuse
    Okay so I just got back from Sally's! I didn't buy As I Am like I said, I wanted to try Eden All Natural CoWash! The lady there said she loved both (she had curly hair as well) and Eden All Natural was a little cheaper. I also bought Beautiful Textures deep conditioner!

Will be using the cowash tomorrow! Hope my hair likes it!

Diffuse
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I read on the naturally curly website that the Eden body works cowash is for type 4b & c hair. Unless that is your hair type, your hair may not like it. It would seem to do too much.
  • hambo02hambo02 Posts: 480Registered Users
    i like low poo better then co wash. its better for my scalp
    I just tried the Eden co wash and so far I love it! It left my hair super soft, and my curls feel super light and bouncy! So for so good!

Diffuse
  • sheryshery Posts: 21Registered Users
    I've tried Co but went back to no poo. I can Co every other time with good results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I've been sulfates free since 1/1/08. length 43" Thick, coarse, porous, wavy hair with spirals. Products used: WEN Cleansing Conditioner(Tea Tree, Fig, and Sweet Almond) Devacurl No Poo, DevaCurl One Conditioner. On Feb 2, 09 I had an awesome customer service experience w/ Devachan-Thanks!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file