Any help? Pleaseeee

melissa9melissa9 Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi, I don't mean to be any bother I'm new to naturallycurly and could really use a lot of help. I've been trying to find products, videos, and even oils to help my damaged hair and nothing seems to work. I'm not sure what my hair type is to be honest but it is extremely hard to manage. My hair is somewhat long, straighten it reaches my breast. It tangles very easily so even styling it is a problem and it gets oily quickly. Also, my hair is thin/fine which of course is the reason that some days my curl look greasy. I've had curls all my life and before damaging it, I had nice dark brown ringlets. But now my hair is frizzy and puffy. It basically doesn't even curl the same anymore. I believe its due to the damage I've done a few years back. I would get highlights every couple of months and straighten my hair daily. Now I rarely straighten it, usually only on special occassions and yet I can't seem to get back my curl pattern. I'm really desperate so please if anyone can help I would appreciate it!

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Coconut works really well on damaged & dry hair. Since your hair gets greasy easily, find products that have coconut in it. Also, try cowashing with the deva curl cleanser. It's a no poo that will get your hair squeaky clean. To combat frizz, try using gel. Applying it from root to tip & a lot of it. If need be, use a comb to assist in this. I use a denman brush to help & I have fabulous frizz free curls.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome!

If your curl pattern has been altered for a couple of years it likely won't come back and you will need to grow out or cut out the damage.

For frizz try the Curly Girl method: particularly don't ever brush or dry comb, apply plenty of leave in conditioner to dripping wet hair, no touching whilst drying (air or diffuser).

Particularly good for damaged hair are coconut oil treatments and hydrolysed protein treatments.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • melissa9melissa9 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thanks, its not that damaged since I tend to cut the ends often but my hair instead of curling it is now somewhat wavy. So does that mean I still have to cut more if I want the curls to eventually come back?
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's not only ends that can get damaged, it is not limited to visible splits. Damage can be a porous inner cortex (holey like a sponge), destruction of protein structure, mid shaft breakage (white dots), permanently raised outer cuticle, completely worn away cuticle.

Many of these you won't see with the naked eye, tho hair may look dull without conditioner, be poufy/ fluffy/ frizzy, affect curl pattern, easily break off, tangly.

You can try coconut oil and/ or hydrolysed protein treatments and plenty of leave in conditioner but there is no guarantee your old curl pattern will come back unfortunately, the structural protein bonds in the inner cortex may be too damaged.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file