Hey CURLFRIENDS! Whoop! Whoop!

NaturalsaraNaturalsara Posts: 34Registered Users
:director:FIRST and FORMOST.....I have never joined a forum before in MY life. I hope that I am not breaking any type of rules

My name is Sara and I am from Chicago, IL. I am 25 years old & I have been natural all my life. Unfortunately, I have only started embracing my hair in it's natural curly state for about two years. All through high school and college, I was obessessed with having bone straight hair and was afraid of dealing with my hair when it was curly because I was unsure of how to handle it correctly. I also was unaware of the type of products to use in my hair and how to moisturize properly.

My goal length is have waist length hair because I have never had hair that long before. I can't seem to get it past bra strap length. :salute:

Some personal things about me besides my hair stuff
• I have a 4 year old son
•*I am a professional graphic/web designer
•*I am interested in anything that has to do with the arts
•*I am engaged

I started a blog this year. :hiding: The link is naturalsara.com
You guys should check it out :-)

I also started to vlog a bit too but I need to learn to edit a little better. My first video (which is a product review) got over 2,000 views which motivated me to make more videos.
Hair Type: 3B/3C Mix
Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
Hair Density: Low
Hair Porosity: Low
Hair Length: SL (when curly) BSL (when stretched)
Favorite Moisturizering Oils: Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Coconut Oil
Visit My Blog
Follow me on Instagram

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey, welcome. :) I'm at Bsl hoping to grow to waist too. This place is full of useful info. If you have trouble picking products, I suggest you do some board searches for hair properties. That and the techniques threads were the first things that really helped me get going.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • NaturalsaraNaturalsara Posts: 34Registered Users
    Hi Serenecurls! Thanks for making me feel welcome. Definitely have been checking out the threads. A lot of the things that I that I know already are from youtube or blogs. I am happy to have found a forum though. :-) I love the natural hair community. They always all so nice!
    Hair Type: 3B/3C Mix
    Hair Texture: Fine/Medium
    Hair Density: Low
    Hair Porosity: Low
    Hair Length: SL (when curly) BSL (when stretched)
    Favorite Moisturizering Oils: Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and Coconut Oil
    Visit My Blog
    Follow me on Instagram
  • curlybeycurlybey Posts: 30Registered Users
    Hey Sara. I'm new here as well. My goal length is just APL or Bra Length, lol I don't think I can deal with waist length, I'm too lazy. I plan on starting a blog/website but some time in June. All the best in your hair journey & life.
  • atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome Sara! Checked out your blog --- those curls are POPPIN :thumbleft:
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | [email protected] | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file