CurlTalk

Product changes

chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Interested to know if any of you who are further along or already transitioned, have you had to change your products? What and how?

Comments

• chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    My ends (dyed hair) is porous, but my new growth is low to normal. What I've had to do is stop applying my stylers all the way to the roots, or I end up with stiff roots that are impossible to SOTC. It will be interesting to see what happens once the dyed ends are gone; I'll probably be working with normal porosity all over, which should make things easier, I hope.
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,095Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    the very white parts of my hair around sides of my face loses moisture more rapidly. since i started sealing i've been able to use same products.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Do you seal first? And what do you use?
    i always put my leave in first, then seal. some days that is all i do, but mostly i then apply cj pattern pusha gel.
    if i am using cj cccc or cj honey butta, first a little leave in, then the cccc or honey butta, then i seal.

i use cj conditioners as leave in.
    i seal with either jane carter nourish & shine or spiral solutions emollience butter.

sometimes if my hair has been feeling well moisturized and the dew points will be mid to high, i skip the sealant.

and in summer when dews are say 50 to 70, i might use a little leave in, then use cj aloe fix gel. and that is it.

styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Man that emollience is amazing. I have a teeny sample and it goes a long way.
    ss emollience does go a long way!! makes my hair amazing. but, i cannot use it day in, day out. so maybe 1x, 2x/week at most.

• MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Since being no-dye, I find that almost anything works reasonably well on my hair. The last 2 days, I have been using my old combo of HE Tousle me Softly mousse, and some Biotera gel. No problems. Hair is great. I continue to be amazed at how not coloring my hair has changed it. I have also begun to question whether my hair is LP or not. It does not take hours to dry, as many report, but then again, I do a partial diffuse. Yesterday I shampooed with a Giovanni product and used their Smooth as Silk conditioner; today I am using CJ Daily fix and the Tea Tree conditioner. Oh, yes, and the new Jhirmack spray conditioner. I am puzzled about all this but consider myself lucky. Ill bet there are tons of gals on the boards who are struggling with products, when the real problem is the flippin' hair dye.