Best 3B Leave-in/Styling products?

I've stopped my weekly salon visits for about a year now, only going once or twice every 3 or 4 months. But in this time I've had a rough time trying to find a good leave-in or styler. I've used products that have been so-so and my current styling routine includes Suave Professionals Awapuhi Leave-in and Lustrasilk Curlmax Curl Activator. I also really like how the Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Curl Defining Creme Glaze leaves my hair but the smell drives me crazy!!! :cry:

Does anyone know of any Leave-In or Stylers that work really well in moisturizing and defining curls, without making them hard? My hair needs aloootttt of moisture and hold so that I don't end up with a frizz ball but most products that hold and define leave hair hard which is not nice. I was thinking of trying the Mixed Chicks Leave In, has anyone with dry 3b or 3c hair had good luck with it?

Pleeeassseeee help meeee!!!!

Comments

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use the As I Am Leave In, but have also tried (and like) the AG Fast Food Leave In. I also couldn't live without the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the Shea Moisture Milk. Hope that helps!

I haven't tried the Mixed Chicks Leave in, but I hear a lot of people on here like the Kinky Curly Knot Today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• VaneshaVanesha Posts: 40Registered Users
    I recently started using kinky curly knot today and the curling custard and I've had the best curls I've had since going natural. They also held my curls for a week without me having to redo anything! Which is unheard of bc my hair would dry out 1-2 days later.
  • currrlysuecurrrlysue Posts: 8Registered Users
    I've heard from some people that the KCCC has made their hair hard :/ But I really want to try the Knot Today Leave in, and I will definitely be looking into the AG and As I Am products! A few fellow curlies have told me that the shea moisture line didn't do much for their hair, so it's kind of put me off but maybe I should give it a try!

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated :toothy9:
  • MeeBeeMeeBee Posts: 128Registered Users
    SM seems to do well with 3Bs and up and those more coarse or dry hair, so you may very well have luck with it.
    2C/3A, high porosity, low density, fine-medium

Low Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
    Clarify: Suave Naturals Daily Clarifying, KCCC
    RO/CoWash: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    Stylers: AG re:coil, AG Beach Bomb, Mop Top Light Hold Anti-Frizz Gel, LA Looks Xtreme Sport
    PT: Curl Junkie Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatin treatment (awesome!)

Hair LOVES proteins!
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I alternate between the As I Am leave-in and KCKT, depending on my mood.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • jsuzkelleyjsuzkelley Posts: 610Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm not 3b, but I still like my LI to be moisturizing without being too heavy. I also love the AIA leave in. KCKT is a good detangler, but I can't use this everyday as my LI as it doesn't provide enough moisture. Another favorite LI of mine is the Curly Kinks satin roots - again, lightweight but moisturizing. KCCC is my favorite styler - it does not leave my hair hard at all, but I also apply it to very wet hair. I like the SheaMoisture line, but have found most of it to be too heavy for my fine hair (with the exception of the milk, which you might like as a LI), and that shea butter tends to build up on me.
    2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
    fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate
    My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 12/29/2011 :laughing6:
  • currrlysuecurrrlysue Posts: 8Registered Users
    The As I Am leave in and Shea moisture products seem to be getting great reviews here so I think I'm going to try those two lines out.

Thanks so much for your responses everyone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file