Help with Curl Type

I am new to the forum so wasn't real sure where this question went. Please excuse if it is in the wrong place. I am having a hard time identifying my curl type so I can choose the right products for it. I am:

1) wavy as it starts out from the root getting more ringlet type curls as it goes down and gets curlier curls the longer it gets so one would think maybe 2 b but some of the rest of my curl does not follow that

2) curly since my hair came in good at 6 months old

3) the individual hair is very thick and course but the density of the overall hair is very thin

4) does frizz a lot with high humidity

Its # 2 and 3 that don't follow the normal 2b description. Any thoughts and thank you for reading.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]______
3a, med porous, low density
Poo: Have to admit I have recently become a Wen convert. Love it. I have always had problems with my hair "hanging" right, curling uniformly and destorting the perimeter line. Wen makes it hang evenly.

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There are photos of different curl patterns on the main NC site. Ignore the descriptions, hair properties don't go along with curl pattern.

Be aware you can have more than one pattern on the same head: mine is 2a at the back, 2b in the middle and and 2c at the front.

Choose products based on properties (coarseness, porosity, elasticity) not curl pattern.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file