Finally tried a protein treatment and good results

BamagirlBamagirl Posts: 59Registered Users
I finally tried iagirls protein treatment on Friday and got good results. I was kind of scared to try it, because I am new to all this. Anyway I made it like the website said and put it on in the shower, added a shower cap and let the warm water run over it (wow it was loud) for three minutes and it turned out good. Since my hair didn't freak out on me, I went ahead and got some shampoo and conditioner with protein. Don't know why I was so hesitant to try the protein, but now I am glad I did. I will also say this, Saturday, I was able to just spritz my hair with water and go. I didn't have much wave definition, but it wasn't a poof ball and I was fine (actually liked it a little better because it was somewhat straight with some waves, and not a lion's mane). Thanks for all the responses and help I have gotten on this site, it's so good to know if my hair had responded negatively to the protein, I could have came on here and found out what to do. Y'all are the best.:toothy4:

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yey!
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • HtBlackHtBlack Posts: 292Registered Users
    That's great! I was afraid to do it too the first time but now it's almost a weekly treatment for me. (: it helped my curls tons.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Good for you! I'm glad you tried it and had good results.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • PrettycurlsPrettycurls Posts: 1,482Registered Users
    Good for you! :)
    Have:
    4a Tailbone