CurlTalk

Getting height at the crown where its silver...

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
has been more challenging lately. The silver's texture seems somewhat different than the rest of my hair, so I am not getting the height at the crown I like. Anyone else? what works for you??

Comments

• Lin1066Lin1066 Posts: 2Registered Users
    My hair on the crown tends to want to lie down more than perk up. I have short hair. I bought a pair of thinning shears, sakishears.com/shop/student-hair-shears. What I do if lift the top layer and thin the next layer a little making it shorter than the hair on top. The next thing I do is use my curling iron, karminhairtools.com/curling-irons all over. I then brush my hair and run my fingers through to loosen everything and the crown stays up for the whole day.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I plop, clip the top with claw clips, air dry for a bit, diffuse dry with head bent over, scrunch, done. It works for me no matter the length of my hair (or the amount of grey).
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html