Straightening or blow drying?

wavynikkiwavynikki Registered Users Posts: 27
Which one causes more heat damage and split ends?

Comments

• WeewahWeewah Registered Users Posts: 15
    I think straightening is way worse than blow drying. If you accidentally touch your straightener you're gonna get burnt, but if you hold your hand in front of the blow dryer you'll be fine. And with the straightener, youre clamping heat directly onto your hair, but with the blow dryer the heat can escape into the air quickly. Just be careful to use a low blow dryer setting.

When I started being gentler on my hair I threw out my straightener but kept my blow dryer:)
    2b - f/m - ii/iii
    CG since 12/13
    growing out bleach and heat damage

using/trying
    Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime, Eden Coconut Shea
    Low-poo: Shea Moisture Curl & Shine, poo bars
    Conditioners: GVP Detangler, Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin, Shea Moisture Restorative, KCKT
    DT: CJ Repair Me, pre-wash coconut oilings
    Stylers: Spiralicious, KCCC, Garnier Curl Scrunch gel, DB curl smoothing cream
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Depends: how hot the flat iron is, how fast you move it, how many passes, how hot you blow fry, if you keep the blow fryer moving, if you scrub and yank away with a bristly round brush or not. You can destroy your hair effectively with either in one session.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • CcargoCcargo Registered Users Posts: 11
    Definitely straightening!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file