CurlTalk

Hair Journey Documentation !!!

ETA: Since my problem of breakage no longer applies I will keep this thread as a document about my hair journey... :-D

Hello fellow curlies.
I am new on posting here but I am familiar with Cg. I tried being a cg girl but my hair became worse. I dye my hair which maybe was the reason. Lately my hair has been acting up more than usual. When I brush i end up with way too.many hair as i feel. The last 3 months I am on diet. Mostly it consists odd veggies chicken turkey eggs tuna and some indulgents during weekend. Is it possible that my hair has way too much protein? I use normal shampoo as i haven't find any conditioner that doesn't make my scalp oily and weights down my 2b curls. I don't use heat. Maybe a hair dryer once a month during winter. But my hair looks a bit straw like but feels frizzy and tangled. What's wrong with my hair? I live in Greece which makes it hard to find products :(
2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
DT: EVOO, C.O
HG
Goal: WL when curly
CG since Feb 2014

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users
    If you over processed your hair while dying it it will break off.

The only cure is a trim.

I suggest that while you may have a healthy diet you eat more oily fish and nuts plus a wider selection of vegetables. This is to ensure you get a wide range of vitamins and minerals. However you will not notice the effects of your diet on your hair for 3-6 months and it will only effect the new growth.
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    Thank you for replying. I have been dying my hair quite awhile. Is it essential to stop dying my hair? I noticed that my roots are frizzy too. How often should I get a trim? I also have layers. Could that make it worse?
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users
    You mention breakage in your title but the only instance of hair falling out you mentioned in your post is hair coming out when you're brushing. You really shouldn't brush curly hair anyway (just detangle it with a wide-tooth comb or your fingers when it's wet and has conditioner in it). Also, are you sure it's breakage and not just shedding? Does the hair have a white bulb on the end?

Also with the frizziness etc. maybe you're just not using the right products for your hair? Could you list the products (or their ingredients) here as well as your routine? Then maybe we can try and come up with a solution for ya :)
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users
    I agree with what the others have said. It's hard to know with the information you've given us, which is good information to have, but it would help to know more.

Brushing can also contribute to frizziness.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
    I classify it us breakage because they don't have a white bulb at the end. I use normal shampoo so i didn't thought it would matter but the ingredients are:
    sodium laureth sulfate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate,sodium chloride, peg-12 dimethicone, polyquaternium-10, cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed keratin, panthenol, citric acid, laureth-2, sodium benzoate, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, parfum, propylene glycol, peg-55 propylene glycol oleate, hydrogenated castor oil, peg-14M, mica, hexyl cinnamal, linalool, limonene, sodium sulfate, CI 77891.

Also i have to brush my hair because they end up like a tangled mesh and it's like walking with a mop as my hair. I use 2 different conditioners. One helps with detangling so much and it's a silicone-sulfate free one. I tried co wash with it but it made my scalp too oily.
    Ingredients of detangling one: cetyl alcohol, peg-180, CI 77891/ titanium dioxide, CI 17200/red 33, CI 19140/ yellow5, elaeis guineensis oil/palm oil, mica, nacre powder, hydroxyethylcellulose, dodecene, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed wheat protein, chlorhexidine digluconate, poloxamer 407, limonene, linalool, isopropyl myristate, myristyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, cetyl esters, bht, citric acid, citronellol, lauryl peg/ppg-18/18 methicone, hexyl cinnamal, parfum/fragrance (F.I.L C49009/1)
    As for the second one are those packs that box dyes have. It seemed to help so I use those.

I use a leave in treatment after I get out of shower from schwarzkopf. The ingredients are:
    Aqua, Alcohol denat., Polyquaternium-37, Trisiloxane, Polyquaternium-11, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-10, Trideceth-12, Lactic Acid, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Cetrimonium Chloride, Arginine, Acetyl Tyrosine, Arctium Majus Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Ornithine HCl, Citrulline, Biotin, Panthenol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Dimethicone, Mica, Amodimethicone, Parfum, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Vanillin, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Coumarin, Hexyl, Cinnamal, Limonene, CI 77891
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    Other info that might be handy:

Curl patern:2b-2c on bottom layers
    Porosity: probably medium
    Density:medium
    Lenght; medium: 2" - 10"
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    While you have type 2 hair because you dye it I would recommend you use less harsh products.

I noticed several of your products have alcohol in them as the second ingredient. Hair that is dyed is more porous and tends to be drier. Alcohol dries hair out.

Products specifically targeted at dyed hair tend to be less harsh as the aim is to stop dye from fading.

I would also recommend you don't brush your hair regardless of how thick it is. Use a wide tooth comb or your fingers. You may have to section your hair to detangle it but it's less likely to break off.
    Blueblood wrote: »
    While you have type 2 hair because you dye it I would recommend you use less harsh products.

I noticed several of your products have alcohol in them as the second ingredient. Hair that is dyed is more porous and tends to be drier. Alcohol dries hair out.

Products specifically targeted at dyed hair tend to be less harsh as the aim is to stop dye from fading.

I would also recommend you don't brush your hair regardless of how thick it is. Use a wide tooth comb or your fingers. You may have to section your hair to detangle it but it's less likely to break off.
    I didn't know that products targeted for dyed hair are less likely to have alcohol! If I brush my hair on the shower I don't mind using a wide tooth comb. While being in the shower I use tange tweezer. Should I stop brushing while my hair is dry? And what could I do to help the look of unbrushed hair I have the next day? I also own own a boar bristle brush. would it made a difference if I used that one instead? Thank you again for your advice :)
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    Definitely stop brushing your hair when it's dry regardless of the brush used.

In fact only style your hair when it's damp.

As most curly hair will break when brushed or combed dry.

Go to the main part of the website and have a look at the styling products suggested for type 2 hair. Also look at peoples' signatures and see if there is anyone with dyed hair similar to yours and what products they use. There will be people in the same country as you around.

Also look into pineappling and sleeping on a satin pillowcase or bonnet. These help to protect your hair while you sleep. (Search on the forum for info on this.)
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    I dye my 2a-2c hair and the Curly Girl method has made it much healthier. However I don't dry brush, that is not CG and is damaging to curlies.

Your diet sounds restrictive and imbalanced/ lacking in nutrients. Tou need to be eating a wide variety of different foods, its nit possible to get everything from white muscle meats, eggs and produce. You need oily fish, other healthy fats (nuts/ seeds/ coconut/ olives/ avocado/ cocoa), mineral rich foods (nuts/ seeds/ beans/ lentils) and dairy.

Check out British Curlies for some of the products available in Europe, also read around Naturallycurly. I am in the UK and have stacks of conditioners that work with damaged hair and the CG method - Tresemme Naturals, Inecto for co-washing, some of the L'Oreal Elvive (?Elseve/ Elvital?) line, Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Ultimate Volume.

I believe there are some silicone free Garnier conditioners in Europe. You can also order from the UK Curly Emporium, US iHerb, Amazon or eBay.

Hydrolysed protein is particularly good for fine or damaged hair, curl boosting/ body/ volume.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
    The conditioners you're using have silicones in them, which could be contributing to the stawlike feeling, and the frizz. I know people in Europe do the CG method, but other than going through British Curlies, I don't know of good sources for CG products for Europeans outside the UK.
    Peace,
    Morgan

CGing since July 2008
    I have tried cg before for two months but my hair was getting too weighted down from conditioners and way too dried from low poo. But i wonder sulfates don't exist on hair dyes? Every time i would dye them my hair would need adjusting again right?
    During a cg i was using t-shirt as my towel and sleeping cap and scrunches. I ended up with oily scalp and frizzy hair from ear and down. The conditioner for detangling is loreal elvive. Making my sulfate free shampoo from castile soap would be ok?
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    New input that amazed me...I used hair gel on my secod hair and it improved the feeling and somewhat the look of my hair.It made itlook shiny ???. Now that amazed me becase at the past gel made my hair even frizzier.
    Ingredients: aqua, sorbitol, aminomethyl propanol, carbomer, va/crotonates copolymer, phenoxyethnol, dmdm hydantoin, parfum,peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, disodium edta, mica, ethylhexylglycerin, hexyl cinnamal, calsium stearate, CI 77891, amylcinnamal, linalool, CI 60730, CI 42090, tocopherol.
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    Different gels have very different formulations and pHs. That one contains sorbitol which is a potent humectant, and mica which can be sparkly (used in face powders).
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Yea but how can I tell the effect that certain products will have on my hair?
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    Yea but how can I tell the effect that certain products will have on my hair?

1.Trial and error, and,
    2. Reading scientifc articles and scientific hair blogs to see what common ingredients do, and,
    3. Reading the ingredients on the products you wish to buy

For example if you know that gels with glycerine as the 2nd-5th ingredient don't work for you as they leave you with frizz, then everytime you see a recommended gel you check out the ingredients to see if you should avoid it.
    Castile soap really isn't a good substitute for a low-poo. It's quite alkaline, opens the cuticle, which can lead to damage, and needs to be followed by an acidic rinse to close the cuticle back down. I second the recommendation of British Curlies as a source of low-poos.

I also think it would help you a great bit to get a copy of "Curly Girl: The Handbook. " There's a lot of good information in there with explanations, illustrations, and video of the techniques.
    Peace,
    Morgan

CGing since July 2008
    Thank you all for your inputs!! You have been helping me tons!! I am planing as for now to stop dying my hair and put more oil in my diet. Besides that I want to ask, on the past when I was a cg my hair would become like cotton candy(too much moisturizer as I got from reading through curltalk). Does it still count if I use a sulfate shampoo here and there to clarify?
    I did read that when there is more humid out humectants should be used. Should the hair be more conditioned as well?
    Something that bothers me....does anyone else have a problem of weird curl formation when ploping/put on sleep cap? :/ My curls became so weird shaped :(
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    1. Use a sulphate or other clarifying shampoo as needed whether that's once a week, once a month, once a year or anywhere in between as a lot of ingredients build up. Most people find complete CG doesn't work for them.

2. Yes definitely condition your hair at all times. The conditioner may need to change with the weather and the styler. For example a light rinse out conditioner followed by a gel may be fine in humid weather. There as you may need a leave-in in winter.

3. Lots of people here have problems getting 2nd day hair. Some don't bother, some mist their hair and others get away with fluffing their hair.

You are going to need to experiment to find out what works for you.
    If you are permanently dying your hair it is very likely higher porosity and lower elasticity. It's tough to over condition our hair, it can easily get frizzy if humectants are overused and in higher humidity or if too little conditioner is used.

You can choose products by their ingredients after that it is trial and error. I find plenty of a leave in conditioner rich in fatty alcohols and/ or cationic surfactants (basic conditioning ingredients) and technique is more important than styling product for clumping and frizz control.

You don't need to stop dying, but never ever refresh the lengths only touch up the roots. Also protect your hair with coconut oil and/ or hydrolysed wheat and soy protein. Treat afterwards with more penetrating oils, hydrolysed proteins, ceramides, 18-MEA, panthenol. Cleansing method should be gentle: no castile soap, no baking soda nor anionic surfactants.

You don't just need more fats in your diet but also more mineral rich foods, avoid grains if you wish, but you must replace these with nuts, seeds, beans, lentils and plenty of them. It is extremely difficult to eat a balanced and truly varied very low carb wholefood diet: the only way is if you are open minded to foods others may find distasteful such as organ meats (liver, spleen) and molluscs (shellfish such as mussels and oysters).

If you are permanently dying your hair it is very likely higher porosity and lower elasticity. It's tough to over condition our hair, it can easily get frizzy if humectants are overused and in higher humidity or if too little conditioner is used.

You can choose products by their ingredients after that it is trial and error. I find plenty of a leave in conditioner rich in fatty alcohols and/ or cationic surfactants (basic conditioning ingredients) and technique is more important than styling product for clumping and frizz control.

You don't need to stop dying, but never ever refresh the lengths only touch up the roots. Also protect your hair with coconut oil and/ or hydrolysed wheat and soy protein. Treat afterwards with more penetrating oils, hydrolysed proteins, ceramides, 18-MEA, panthenol. Cleansing method should be gentle: no castile soap, no baking soda nor anionic surfactants.

You don't just need more fats in your diet but also more mineral rich foods, avoid grains if you wish, but you must replace these with nuts, seeds, beans, lentils and plenty of them. It is extremely difficult to eat a balanced and truly varied very low carb wholefood diet: the only way is if you are open minded to foods others may find distasteful such as organ meats (liver, spleen) and molluscs (shellfish such as mussels and oysters).

I actually love mussels but I can eat them only during summer :(
    also I drink almond milk, whole grain bread, oatmeal, broccoli, eggs, turkey, chicken, legumes not so often but I could work that, non fat yogurt, non fat cottage cheese. Only oil is low on my diet as it causes me to eat less food. Also oranges, banana etc. My diet is not low carb targetted but rather low calorie one and honestly I woyld prefer having hair on my head instead of being bald and thinner. One thing I tend not to do is drink a lot of water. I simply forget or lose interest after a while.
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    I do nutrition consults as part of my work which is why I am being picky (hopefully helpful too). Low calorie should be done with the close supervision of a registered dietician or doctor.

Many fruits are loaded with sugars, its not all that low calorie for the nutrients it supplies. Eat a wide variety of low sugar fruits and non starchy vegetables in the full rainbow of bright and dark colours. This is for certain vitamins but useless for most minerals.

Oily fish is necessary for long chain omega-3s and bioavailable vitamin D. Red meats/ oily fish/ organ meats for haem iron and vitamin B12 - lean white meats like chicken breast are shockingly poor sources of both. Whole eggs are great.

Almond milk is processed low nutrient rubbish. Cottage cheese is very low in calcium for a cheese, you needs large servings for bioavailable calcium. A serving of hard cheese is only 25-30g, if you can get a half fat cheddar say that is ~5g fat but a third of your daily calcium and ~10g protein.

Check out the Self nutrition data, look at nutrients per 100g. If you cut out or heavily reduce food groups due to personal taste, ethics or diet you must increase or add other food groups. Fruit and veg is NOT healthier than other foods, its just a good water source.

If you can drink cow's milk with no issues and you aren't vegan, then apart from in a few cases, there is no point using alternative milks like oat, rice, almond or soya (soy).

They aren't more healthy especially when most of them have fructose added to them to make them more palatable. They also lack a wide range of vitamins and minerals found in cow's milk and some have no added vitamins and minerals at all.

Oh and the water drinking is a myth. Obviously you need to drink fluid to survive but it doesn't have to be pints of water unless you like spending your time in the bathroom.
    Thank you very much for your advice and I am gonna follow everything you suggested. Today is the third day of being cg and my hair is not greasy like in the past! My cowash is Syoss silicone free color and volume. Ingredients: Aqua, cetaryl alcohol, Quaternium-87, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel oil, Isopropyl Myristate, citric acid, stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, ceteareth-20, glyceryl stearate, parfum, sodium benzoate, hexyl salicylate, hexyl cinnamal, linalool, benzyl salicylate, Limonene.
    Is it ok for cg?
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    Looks great!

Yay!!!! I finally managed to find something good on my hair!!! I might change my deep conditioning one as I feel it didn't do anything. are aussie ones cg friendly?? I adore one but.... it has silicones in :(

Ingredients:
    Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg 12 Distearate, Glycol Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, DI-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Cetrimonium Bromide, Propylene Glycol, Phosphoric Acid, Alcohol Denat., Acetamide MEA, Glycerin, Sodium Lauriminodipropionate, Sorbitol, Hydroxylated Lecithin, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Simethicone, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour, Yeast Extract CI 15985, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Humulus Lupulus Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare Seed Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    Not CG friendly due to the silicones. Maybe its then you like, I don't see much else of note, its cosmetic nothing else.

It can be a shock seeing and feeling our hair without silicones after years coated with them. Mine still felt soft but nekkid it was super fluffy and dull due to damage. As I grew out the old hair I had a clear demarcation which was encouraging.

To be honest I loved the smell too. It was like bubblegum! :hiding:
    I can relate to what you say about silicones but only in the past I used to hold on to them. Atm they do nothing to my hair besides making the dryness more obvious. Actually that deep conditioner might not work now. I do have more from aussie in my mind though hmm....

1)Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner
    Ingedients:Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Acetamide MEA, Sodium PCA, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Linalool, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Aloe Barbadensis, Limonene, Trideceth-12, Propylene Glycol, Macadamia Ternifola, Anthemis Nobilis, Anigozanthos Flavidus, Taraxacum Officinale, Calendula Officinalis, Prunus Serotina, Equisetum Arvense, Sambucus Nigra, Allium, Sativum, Urtica Dioica, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, CI 19140, CI 17200

2)Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Frizz Remedy Deep Treatment
    Ingredients:Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-12 Distearate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol, Isopropylparaben, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phosphoric Acid, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Acetamide Mea, Glycerin, Sodium Lauriminodipropionate, Sorbitol, Hydroxylated Lecithin, Simmondsia Chinensis, Simethicone, Helianthus Annuus, Carthamus Tinctorius, Ethanolamine, Avena Sativa, CI 15985, Melissa Officinalis, Humulus Lupulus, Foenicullum Vulgare, Aloe Barbadensis, Methylparaben, Yeast Extract, Ethylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylaparaben.

3)Aussie Colour Mate Conditioner
    Ingredients:Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Parfum, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Globulus) Extract, Citric Acid, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Wild Peach (Prunus Persica) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Potassium Sorbate.

4)Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Frizz Remedy Deep Treatment (this has sorbitol in it wich makes me gravitate towards it)
    Ingredients:Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-12 Distearate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol, Isopropylparaben, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phosphoric Acid, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Acetamide Mea, Glycerin, Sodium Lauriminodipropionate, Sorbitol, Hydroxylated Lecithin, Simmondsia Chinensis, Simethicone, Helianthus Annuus, Carthamus Tinctorius, Ethanolamine, Avena Sativa, CI 15985, Melissa Officinalis, Humulus Lupulus, Foenicullum Vulgare, Aloe Barbadensis, Methylparaben, Yeast Extract, Ethylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylaparaben.

5)Aussie Frizz Miracle Conditioner
    Ingredients:
    Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Parfum, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Polyquaternium-10, Propylene Glycol, Blue Gum Tree Leaves (Eucalyptus Dunii) Extract, Stringy Bark Gum (Eucalyptus Acmenioides) Extract, Citric Acid, CI 61570.

I do hope I am not bugging you all with the ingredients :oops:. I will order the Curly Girl; The handbook but it will take more than a week.
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    What is the use of the cold water as rince? The cold water makes my hair rough :confused::confused:
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
    What is the use of the cold water as rince? The cold water makes my hair rough :confused::confused:

The advice I've read is to use warm water not scalding or cold.

There have been different theories over the years on using different temperature water but none have them have scientific back up.