I'd be in trouble if they discontinued....

adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So after washing my hair twice in the last three days I realized again how dependant I am on my TN. It's my Rinse out, li and a dc when doctored up.
That and TJ nourish Spa conditioner are my staples. I am lucky my hair doesn't hate the latest formula for TN although I use the old and the new. I am so afraid they'll stop making it.

What product would have you in deep doodoo if they discontinued?
Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OMG I would be up a creek if they discontinued the as I am line or la sport gel. Even if they changed the formula for these, id be in TROUBLE.
  • anonymous_153995anonymous_153995 Posts: 271Banned Users
    the coconut shampoo/conditioner by organix, and the tangle teezer detangler. The world would end...lol
  • naiha1naiha1 Posts: 209Registered Users
    Luv naturals conditioner, this is seriously the best conditioner I have ever used!

KBB Hair nectar, fav leave in :)
    Happy, Nappy, and Kinky 24/7!!
    4/b very coily
  • coracora Posts: 456Registered Users
    I've tried all kinds of natural stuff, but I'd be in trouble if they got rid of Aussie Moist 3 minute deep conditioner!
  • tnaturaltnatural Posts: 362Registered Users
    I have a lot of staples but my hair would suffer without TJ Tea Tree Tingle for co-washing and Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner for leave-in
    Last texturizer-9/18/08
    BC-12/30/09

event.png
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nothing :)

I was fortunate (or unfortunate) to go natural in a country with a limited range of products so as long as things like aloe vera gel, various vegetable oils and glycerine exist I will always have hair products.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Blueblood wrote: »
    Nothing :)

I was fortunate (or unfortunate) to go natural in a country with a limited range of products so as long as things like aloe vera gel, various vegetable oils and glycerine exist I will always have hair products.

I guess there is an advantage to slim pickings. I was watching a YT video about a lady who moved to Korea and started to transition figuring it would be easier because of no backlash. But she said she has a horrible time finding products even moisturizing conditioner. If I didn't have a good conditioner I might as well shave my head bald.
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The ouidad cowash. I would also say Kiss My Face but they already discontinued that. :(
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Well I've got slim pickings here in Taiwan sooooooo this is a bit difficult. I have to go get some new shampoo today and it will not be full of natural goodness. I can say that I miss SheaMoisture DT and the Shea Butter conditioner.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    gagirl09 wrote: »
    Well I've got slim pickings here in Taiwan sooooooo this is a bit difficult. I have to go get some new shampoo today and it will not be full of natural goodness. I can say that I miss SheaMoisture DT and the Shea Butter conditioner.

Sorry. Maybe your mom can send you a care package. It would be easier to be like blueblood and start with "you can't miss what you never had" than the whole "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" . Doesn't apply to curly hair products.
  • CoaCoaBean08CoaCoaBean08 Posts: 734Registered Users
    I'd be in trouble if they discontinued...

Terresentials mud wash in Left Coast Lemon or Lavender Garden :love5:
    Shea Moisture Purification Masque
    Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque
    Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner (This has been my leave in for 2 yrs)
    Shea Moisture Curling Souffle gel

Can they discontinue coconut oil, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar? Thats when I'd REALLY be f'ed.

I'm living in Europe and getting these products would cost me so much money if I hadnt brought them with me. On the biggest natural products website I've found, Shea Moisture costs twice as much as it does in the states. Curl Mart told me to ship two products, totaling $16, it would cost $44 in shipping. I didnt even check Terresentials because i'm sure they also want two legs, an arm and a vital organ to ship something here.
    head full of wild crazy kinks and curls :cool:
    "Make your choice adventurous stranger;
    Strike the bell and bide the danger.
    Or wonder, til it drives you mad,
    What would have followed if you had."

"I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying 'this is fiction.'" -Ian McKellen
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @CoaCoaBean08 luckily olive oil and ACV are often produced in Europe. It's the coconut oil you have to worry about.
    adthomas wrote: »

Sorry. Maybe your mom can send you a care package. It would be easier to be like blueblood and start with "you can't miss what you never had" than the whole "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" . Doesn't apply to curly hair products.

I have been making it. There is Nature's Gate here and I recently saw Dr. Bronner's (sp). So I make due. Longs as my hair isn't falling out I'm good.
    Blueblood wrote: »
    @CoaCoaBean08 luckily olive oil and ACV are often produced in Europe. It's the coconut oil you have to worry about.

I'm surprised the coconut oil is an issue. I used to buy the Pachute brand which is from India for $4 at an international grocery store. You guys are a lot closer to india than I am.
  • HtBlackHtBlack Posts: 292Registered Users
    I actually never heard of coconut oil being an issue. :c we're pretty awful with products in Italy but coconut oil is sold in any herbal shops... I don't go in indian ones because there are only ever only men in there who stare at me like I'm a piece of meat or something. ( ._.) And these guys constantly outside drinking and talking in their language that I don't speak a word of.

But places where they sell tea by weight, essential oils and so on always have coconut oil. (: also have you tried any of the European Amazon? Amazon.it even has argan oil!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel..

oh wait, they already did -_-
    that is the only product in my regimen that has no comparable alternative
    my life is ruined, bye.
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
    Reeky wrote: »

my life is ruined, bye.

:sad10:
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Really? That is odd...

I saw this at Whole Foods last week in a tube with a blue top. I think the front was orangeish. I don't know if the ingredients are the same as those were in the green bottle.

I wonder if what I saw is old stock...

my life is ruined, bye.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Zinnia wrote: »
    Really? That is odd...

I saw this at Whole Foods last week in a tube with a blue top. I think the front was orangeish. I don't know if the ingredients are the same as those were in the green bottle.

I wonder if what I saw is old stock...

my life is ruined, bye.

they reformulated it, the formula I love is in a green bottle. The new one is in a tube & is probably what you saw. All the reviews are bad, so I havent tried it yet. I dont see why they would completely change it, if there was nothing wrong with it. Stoopit!

Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Posts: 1,166Registered Users

my life is ruined, bye.

REEKY - ever tried Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Hair Moisturizing Jelly?
    IMG_2442+-+Copy+2.JPG
    Get up to $10 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: CAR231.

My Blog: http://kinkyrhonnie.blogspot.com
  • KauaiMareCurlKauaiMareCurl Posts: 317Registered Users
    KCCC

my life is ruined, bye.

REEKY - ever tried Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Hair Moisturizing Jelly?

Yearssss ago! Funny you mentioned it cause I JUST put it in my Vitacost cart to buy on my next order. Ive been surviving on aloe gel & I remember it had a little more hold than that so I hope its a good replacement.

• wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice

Does iherb.com ship to Taiwan?

They carry Kinky-Curly, Jane Carter Solutions, natural/semi-natural lines like Nature's Gate, Kiss My Face, Giovanni, Alba Botanica, EO etc, plus AVG (Lily of the Desert), coconut oils, marshmallow root etc. etc.

I've ordered from them to SE Asia and was very pleased with their service. I found their shipping prices and time frame very reasonable, which is why I always recommend them. (Plus there is a discount code for first-time purchasers).
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
    wavydaze wrote: »

Does iherb.com ship to Taiwan?

They carry Kinky-Curly, Jane Carter Solutions, natural/semi-natural lines like Nature's Gate, Kiss My Face, Giovanni, Alba Botanica, EO etc, plus AVG (Lily of the Desert), coconut oils, marshmallow root etc. etc.

I've ordered from them to SE Asia and was very pleased with their service. I found their shipping prices and time frame very reasonable, which is why I always recommend them. (Plus there is a discount code for first-time purchasers).

Yeah they do. I've known for some time but the high humidity (today 73% and it's just March) makes not even want to try. Dew point is 50 which isn't the worst thing, but that humidity. Disaster.
    Yeah they do. I've known for some time but the high humidity (today 73% and it's just March) makes not even want to try. Dew point is 50 which isn't the worst thing, but that humidity. Disaster.

Tell me about it. The dews where I live are 70s-80s, year-round. There's no point to ever check the frizz forecast because it's ALWAYS "frizzy waves."

Though I have to say since discovering this site my hair has improved remarkably. I still get frizz, but nowhere near what I had before.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

wavydaze wrote: »

Tell me about it. The dews where I live are 70s-80s, year-round. There's no point to ever check the frizz forecast because it's ALWAYS "frizzy waves."

Though I have to say since discovering this site my hair has improved remarkably. I still get frizz, but nowhere near what I had before.

What have you tried? I do have moisture retention issues. Jane Carter is nice but sometimes lightweight with the conditioning punch. KC was good too but I hated how it did not play nice with other ingredients and the gel took forevah to dry (I love UFDCM tho I had to leave it behind). Beautiful curls was meh to me. I actually was thinking of using Qhemet since the samples I tried 3 years ago were nice but it seems she is down for the 10 second count.
    What have you tried? I do have moisture retention issues. Jane Carter is nice but sometimes lightweight with the conditioning punch. KC was good too but I hated how it did not play nice with other ingredients and the gel took forevah to dry (I love UFDCM tho I had to leave it behind). Beautiful curls was meh to me. I actually was thinking of using Qhemet since the samples I tried 3 years ago were nice but it seems she is down for the 10 second count.

I haven't tried Jane Carter. I'm dying to try UFDCM... I have this feeling it will be great. I tried KCCC but it just didn't work for me... it kind of flash dried and made my hair frizzy. Everyone raves about it but it didn't seem to work for me.

As far as moisture retention... I think having a good cleanser is maybe most important. I adore the CJ Gentle Cleansing shampoo. It's by far the gentlest I've ever tried. Do you cowash? I feel like it's especially hard to find co-wash conditioners internationally. Recently I saw Tresemme Naturals on the ground that I know some people use for cowashing. I was excited! They sell a bottle for $12 USD. :sad3:

I ordered my CJ GC shampoo from Aveyou along with other CJ products. It's not cheap to order, but it is cheaper than Curlmart, plus there are discounts codes online.

Giovanni is available to me on the ground (from SASA) so I've tried many of their products. They're not bad. Recently I saw someone raving about the 2chic Avocado Ultra Moist conditioner. This one: Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Conditioner - NaturallyCurly Does your hair like protein?

The G shampoos aren't bad. They're no Curl Junkie but much better than the usual crap. I like their 2chic Brazilian Keratin & Argan Oil shampoo... I find it fairly mild and like that it has some protein. The Smooth as Silk or 50:50 isn't stripping, protein free. I like to add coconut oil to shampoo as well... it's a great alternative when the pickings are slim.

My HG and savior has been my home-made flax seed gel. It's cheap, I can make it, don't have to order it. It's moisturizing for me. It's customizable. I love it.

What's your hair like? Mine is fine and likes protein, so I tend to only use conditioners with protein. It's also low-porosity and buildup-prone. I stay away from heavy products... waxes, butters, etc.

Sephora sells Ouidad and the popular Climate Control Gel... I know it works out for lots of people. I like it as well. It does have a cone in it, but shouldn't be a problem if you use shampoo. Oh yea, a pretty rich leave-in I've tried is the Alba Botanica leave-in... this one: Alba Botanica, Leave-in Conditioner, Fragrance Free, 7 oz (198 g) - iHerb.com It was too rich for my hair after a while but maybe it would be great for your hair.

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

I have thick, fine, spongy hair. It will suck in moisture up. Which is why I like using richer buttery-.creamy things in my hair. I really liked Shea Moisture, Jessicurl WDT, and Qhemet Biologics were some of my favorites. Anywayz I may wear my hair out in April, so I may go ahead ahead and get some Aloe Vera Gel/Juice. I already have flax seeds in my house and finally try Nap85's shea butter mix and call it a day. A line that is out that I am curious about is TGIN. It seems like me and my hair would definitely get along with it. I believe they ship international. I have to do a little more digging to be sure. I also need to go ahead and wear my hair out because it's time for a trim. I now trim my hair when it's curly via CG method. So I definitely need a rich conditioner. I tried Nature's Gate but it didn't seem heavy enough. However I may have to find a gel like Eco Styler (clear version) since the humidity/dew point is so high and put it on top of the conditioner.
  • auntcurlyauntcurly Posts: 234Registered Users
    Komaza Califia Hair Pudding. I like the whole Califia line, but the pudding is the difference.
  • AquarielleAquarielle Posts: 64Registered Users
    :angry7: The entire Shea Moisture line.. and Oyin Handmade -- the Juices and the Hair Dew.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file