Comebacks

robynmprobynmp Registered Users Posts: 75
What are some comebacks you have for when people make rude comments about your hair? I don't have any - I'm always too stunned to say anything, and I feel like I need to be polite even when people are being rude! Any good ones?
Fine, 2c-3a, high porosity, high density, bleached ends.

Hair hates glycerin

Comments

• claudine191claudine191 Registered Users Posts: 8,221 Curl Connoisseur
    I get grief about being a redhead sometimes, and I fight back. I love my red hair and I say so. Then, depending on how rude or persistent they are, I might add a comment about their own hair issues.

And if anyone even dares make a curtain/drapes remark, they receive a look of utter disgust or a withering glare. My hair color is my identity and I brook neither insults nor insinuations.

I guess I have a "don't you dare eff with me" ferocity about the subject. Let's just say, I can't remember the last time someone made a comment twice. I'd probably growl if it was even slightly socially acceptable.
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    A guy made a comment once about my hair resembling his pubic hair. I told him he probably had a lot more pubic hair than he did d***

That ended the discussion.:angry3:

I don't get as many rude comments as I did as a new natural. Maybe because I love my curls and it shows. I think when you rock your hair with confidence people may be less likely to say they don't like it because they sense you don't care what they think. .
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • DedachanDedachan Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Curl Neophyte
    The amazing thing that's happened since I fully embraced my curls (my hair was always curly, but I mean actually letting them out and not feeling self-conscious) is that nobody has made nasty remarks. Nobody at work has said it's unprofessional, nobody has recommended me a hairstylist that relaxes or does blowouts.

I'm sure someone must have thought it (and I know one case where something was said behind my back), but I've only gotten compliments. So much so that I think if I do hear criticism, I will probably just say I love my hair and shrug it off and not think about it twice. But I think adthomas is right. When people notice you are confident in how you look, they tend to back off.
  • NeirelleNeirelle Registered Users Posts: 126
    This straight hair asian chick asked me why is my hair so frizzy all the time and i should just straighten it'd look better she talks to me like she knows how to handle curly hair...I would of just not say anything if she only said it once but it was everytime i see her so i told her "at least my hair aint flat and boring as your as*. :)
  • sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Registered Users Posts: 1,862 Curl Neophyte
    Neirelle wrote: »
    This straight hair asian chick asked me why is my hair so frizzy all the time and i should just straighten it'd look better she talks to me like she knows how to handle curly hair...I would of just not say anything if she only said it once but it was everytime i see her so i told her "at least my hair aint flat and boring as your as*. :)

Ha!
    Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity :shock:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file