Does anyone co-wash with KCKT?

I meant to shampoo my hair with KC Come Clean tonight but accidentally grabbed the bottle of KT. At first I didn't realize it because it made a nice lather which I haven't been able to achieve with the 3 other conditioners i have for co-washing at the moment. I rinsed it out and then really shampooed since I was planning to do a DT.

I started to think that maybe it might be a decent co-wash and will give it a shot for the next week.

Anyone else use it for cowashing?
2C waves with a little 3A thrown in for fun, medium density, on the course side hair (IMO--will have stylist confirm at some point.) Still trying to work on porosity- have characteristics of both high and low :thumbdown:

Polyquats are terrible. I seems to be able to tolerate butters and oils in the most sparing amounts as long as I low-poo frequently.

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wonder if it was the residues of other products on your hair that lathered up. Knot Today is rich in film formers not the emulsifiers found in a regular conditioner used for cleansing.

Be interesting to see what results you get further down the line.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • MeeBeeMeeBee Posts: 128Registered Users
    I've never used it to co wash but it does lather up quite a bit on me too. I know it's not residue from other products that's doing it because it even lathered up when I put it in my spray bottle and shook it up. Lathered like crazy. There is something in it that lathers, maybe the cetyl alcohol or the behetrimonium methosulfate?
    2C/3A, high porosity, low density, fine-medium

Low Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
    Clarify: Suave Naturals Daily Clarifying, KCCC
    RO/CoWash: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    Stylers: AG re:coil, AG Beach Bomb, Mop Top Light Hold Anti-Frizz Gel, LA Looks Xtreme Sport
    PT: Curl Junkie Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatin treatment (awesome!)

Hair LOVES proteins!
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I get a bit of lather when my hands are wet and rub it between my hands before applying.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hmmmm never used this as a co-wash before. I bet the results of this would be amazing. :) I would be too scared to do it because the product is a bit pricey for me and it would take A LOT of that conditioner to use on my thick curly hair.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • CurlyBangsCurlyBangs Posts: 50Registered Users
    I cowashed the other day with KCKT, I got awesome results!! After doing so I diffused a little, and then used KCCC (just a teeny bit) and KCSS on my hair. I let it dry, and diffused even more. It was absolutely wonderful. It was the first time that I ever cowashed. :)
    2c whirly curls, low porosity, medium texture/density

Experimenting, as usual. I've found that these products work well:

Low-poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo and KC Come Clean shampoo
    Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
    RO: KCKT, DC OneC,
    LI: KCKT (rarely used as a LI)
    Stylers: CJ CiaB, KCSS, and homemade flax seed gel (FSG is a total HG btw!!)

Chopped off 12 inches of my hair on 3-22-14

:color: Colorado Whirly :color:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file