Can anyone recommend any styling creams for...

AuroraE95AuroraE95 Posts: 124Registered Users
Dense hair with tight waves and curls like mine?

I've been searching for a nice cream or something that is not a gel that gives me hold
I get tired of using gel sometimes

I've tried:
Curls unleashed creme(with the red label)-it just sat on my hair did nothing
Beautiful textures moisture butter and the curl control -it was ok, very moisturizing but I can't take the smell it waaaaay to strong
Miss Jessie's- blah
Aunt Jackie's- forgot the name but it just sat on my hair
III sisters of nature- some pudding that was compared to miss Jessie but it sat on top of my hair too

Not sure about the type though. I thought I was 4a with a little 3c at the top but some one said I wasn't :confused2:
Inspiration [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SOPHINA BROWN

Currently: grazing bsl straight
Would love to be MBL straight by the end of 2014
MY ULTIMATE GOAL: HEALTHY (almost)BRA STRAP LENGTH CURLS
Don't know how long that would be straight lol

Comments

• ashlyndmarieashlyndmarie Posts: 211Registered Users
    Have you tried shea moisture curl & style milk? Or the Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
  • newseasonnewseason Posts: 98Registered Users
    I like sm curl enhancing smoothie (but I have combined it with more Shea butter and oil to make it more "buttery" and liked it even more), sm deep treatment masque (used as styler-gives me awesome twist outs), Cantu Shea butter coconut curling cream also gives me great results.
  • myhairDOTcommyhairDOTcom Posts: 123Registered Users
    Because your hair is so thick (and beautiful I might add), if you haven't tried the As I Am Twist Defining Cream as a WnG styler, I would highly recommend giving it a shot.

I use it this way (based on a review I saw on youtube) and right now, I add a very small amount of gel (pea sized) to each section on top of this (7 sections) for the lasting power, but I have used it without any gel and I get awesome results and it can lasts a long time. If my hair were as long as yours, I would skip the gel completely because I could do a loose pineapple easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My hair: thick, medium/coarse, high porosity in the crown naturally, normal porosity everywhere else.

Currently using...
    Poo: Any sulfate free or low sulfate poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: Camille Rose Moisture Milk
    DC: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea DC
    Stylers: Xtreme Wetline gel
    Oils: EVCO
    Moisturizer: Oyin Hair Dew/watered down CR Moisture Milk
    Sealant: Oyin pomades or JC Nourish and Shine
  • naiha1naiha1 Posts: 209Registered Users
    KBB Super Duper hydrating cream
    Happy, Nappy, and Kinky 24/7!!
    4/b very coily
  • AuroraE95AuroraE95 Posts: 124Registered Users
    Because your hair is so thick (and beautiful I might add), if you haven't tried the As I Am Twist Defining Cream as a WnG styler, I would highly recommend giving it a shot.

I use it this way (based on a review I saw on youtube) and right now, I add a very small amount of gel (pea sized) to each section on top of this (7 sections) for the lasting power, but I have used it without any gel and I get awesome results and it can lasts a long time. If my hair were as long as yours, I would skip the gel completely because I could do a loose pineapple easily.

.:D thanks..Yesss it's thick...I haven't tried that..I just might do it. Would u say its a pretty decent moisturizer?

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My HG styler is cantu curling custard. I like the lighter hold it gives me. What I love is that if I need to restyle wonky or fuzzy curls, just a light water spritz & smoothing curls. Had to add a little more product but not much at all. Just on the REALLY fuzzy curls. My second favorite styler is organic root stimulator twist & loc gel. I use this when I do a twist out.
    Have you tried shea moisture curl & style milk? Or the Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie?

I use the smoothie (as a moisturizer, i havent used it alone), but I never tried the style milk

• anonymous_153995anonymous_153995 Posts: 271Banned Users
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1393866597.251243.jpg

has anyone heard of that detangling spray? i used to use it on curly/wavy weave but i wanted to try on my natural hair and not sure if they even still make it. I got it from a target in ATL about 4 years ago.
    Banafrit wrote: »
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1393866597.251243.jpg

has anyone heard of that detangling spray? i used to use it on curly/wavy weave but i wanted to try on my natural hair and not sure if they even still make it. I got it from a target in ATL about 4 years ago.

Nope never heard

• anonymous_153995anonymous_153995 Posts: 271Banned Users
    ​Anyone tried this coiling cream? If so what experience have you had? Please upload a pic of the aftermath. thanks!ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1393987075.691297.jpg
    I probably should've added that during the summer my hair feels like frickin straw during the summer..does that mean I should ease up off the gel?

• ashlyndmarieashlyndmarie Posts: 211Registered Users
    Maybe. Or it might have something to do with dew points in the summer time and how they are interacting with your products. I'm def not an expert on dew points tho so I don't wanna steer you in the wrong direction
    AuroraE95 wrote: »
    I probably should've added that during the summer my hair feels like frickin straw during the summer..does that mean I should ease up off the gel?

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've also used the Jane Carter curl cream. Love it as well but the cantu curling custard is comparable to it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file