Hello curly-headed people!

NymeriaNymeria Posts: 11Registered Users
I've been poking my head in here and there and posting on occasion, reading vociferously. I thought it was time maybe that I introduced myself to you lovely people. I only realized in Dec that my texture had drastically changed at some point unknown to me. I did move to the deep south seven years ago so I suspect that I'm quite vulnerable to climate differences. Still learning every day. Once I realized this, though, it was the change I was looking for! I'd been really, really bored with my look.

After researching a lot, I think I'm medium to highly porous, medium density, finely textured, and normal elasticity. Curls vary from 2c-3b in different places on my head. I went sulfate and cone free soon a couple weeks after I decided to go all in with embracing my new-to-me hair. I'm going to attempt to attach a few pics- the first is pre-CG and my last haircut in Dec, and the other two are today. It's got mega-frizz today so it's not actually representative of how it usually looks, it's not ordinarily all that frizzy. It's day two hair, after a failed attempt at the super soaker method yesterday, and I think that's why it's a bit out of whack. But I still love it and it's growing like a weed.

I love reading and learning here and I hope to get to know you all better! Thanks for your collective wisdom, it's helped a whole lot.

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,223Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi Nymeria, - your hair looks pretty!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • NymeriaNymeria Posts: 11Registered Users
    Thank you! I like it. I'm going for my first trim in two weeks since CG. I've been going to the same stylist forever and I trust she'll be gentle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file