Question about a damaged lamp - UPDATE

curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
Hi - I bought 2 lamps from Ethan Allen. One is damaged. I only found that after after I unwrapped it which I did after the delivery guys had left and I had paid for the lamp.

I'm a good customer at EA. Do you expect I will be able to get them to pick up the lamp and replace it without trouble?

Thanks,
Kate
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    I don't know if they'll pick it up. I think the return won't be a problem, just the logistics of getting it to the store.
    I'd probably call Monday and talk to a supercharger (that was suppose to say supervisor but I love what auto correct changed it to).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for responding Perri! I am expecting that when they bring a replacement they can pick up this damaged one.

I'm a really good customer in long-standing and I'm going to speak to my salesperson a.s.a.p. (I already emailed her) but just in case I called AMEX and they said if I have a problem they can dispute the charge.

I'm probably worrying for no reason, since I have bought so much from them, but since I just signed the paper and unwrapped the lamp myself they could argue that I was the one who damaged it. Absolutely not my fault.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Oh I'm sure they won't accuse you. Stuff like this happens all the time. I'd be very surprised if they even hinted at it being your fault, especially when you've been such a good customer. And since you have the email for your salesperson.
    It'll be fine :)
    Don't worry.

Hi Perri. They didn't hint that it was my fault. I'm just worrying - perennially anxious! There's every reason to expect everything will be fine. I bought a couch, carpeting, a bed, table/chairs, armchair, an armoire, 3 cabinets, curtains, blinds, a large mirror, a painting and a dresser from them. Years ago I bought other things from them.

I'll complain to the president and make a big fuss if they are so stupid as not to replace this lamp and lose me as a customer.

I must remember that it is only a lamp - a very expensive lamp but just a lamp - a thing. I've been through brain tumor surgery! Now that is something to worry about. This is nothing. Nonetheless, I was glad you responded. 100 years of therapy and I still get anxious over everything. Love you!
    I can spin myself up over the littlest of things. . Even when I know logically that I'm just worrying unnecessarily. I hate that anxious feeling. And once the anxiety kicks in it feeds itself and just aarrrggg.

I'm sure it'll be 100% a-okay :)

Lots of love and a big calming hug

Update: My wonderful salesperson at EA told me not to worry at all. They will send me a replacement and pick up the damaged lamp.

I like her a lot and recommend her to anyone in NYC or New Jersey. PM me if you want her contact info. She has a terrific color sense. Seeing lots of color, like in a museum, makes my heart rate increase!

Some people think EA does only early Amer. type furniture but they do everything. Their furniture is pricey but really well made, at least that has been my experience. Interior design is a hot hobby of mine. In my fantasy world I own several homes and spend my entire life decorating! and would do it for others for free. Yes, I am slightly cuckoo. :laughing6:

Thanks Perri and Claudine for comments!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file