SOS help!!

So I've been doing cg for about a month now with the co-wash method. About a week ago I noticed that my hair not only was BEYOND OILY but it had a TON of build up I couldn't even run my fingers through the roots at all without them being completely stuck in gunk. So I started the baking soda and acv rinse method and that has helped a little. Two days ago I thought it was a good idea to completely drowned hair in olive oil when I went to wash it out I used a ton of cone free conditioner but only the oil from my roots came out. It feels so good on my scalp an it feels really clean. But the rest of my hair is like I didn't even wash it! It has that wet look to it because of all the oil and I have to go back to my classes tomorrow :0 WHAT DO I DO? I think my only way is to use a clarifying shampoo on it and I really don't want to throw away this intire month I went through transitioning :( any advice or help?

Comments

• sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    It really sounds like you need to clarify. Knowing your hair properties would be the first step in knowing what types of products to use on your hair. I personally use sulfates a few times a month. Don't look at it like one clarifying wash is going to ruin your hair, because it won't - it will help it, because any buildup can prevent your products from penetrating properly. There's no need to drown your hair in olive oil, instead how about adding a small amount to your conditioner?
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    I hope you were able to solve your problem. For future reference and to anyone else reading this who might be having a similar problem, please be aware that supposedly CG COs can vary very widely one from the other, some do a very poor cleansing job and others actually contribute to build up, especially if the water is on the hard side. So I suggest that when asking a question like this the brand and type of the CO is specified PLUS the list of ingredients because it's really impossible to assess the situation not knowing exactly what the person is using.

And for the record, I feel the "Lemon-aid" is a better build-up clarifier than b.s., but of course, it would have to be prepared with a different/better CO than the one used before.
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file