detangling

angeliees7angeliees7 Posts: 45Registered Users
please please please tell me how to detangle dry hair. please. :(

- angellll 😎

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I de tangle my hair in the shower, when my hair is smothered with conditioner using my fingers. I use a creamy conditioner to de tangle my hair. I like the as I am cowash & deva curl no poo for this. Also the day before I cleanse my hair, I put coconut oil on my dry hair & put on a shower cap before bed. These 2 things make detangling my hair a breeze.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ideally don't: detangle soaking wet hair smothered in a slippy conditioner, work in sections with patience from the bottom up.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Usually it's easier to detangle curly hair in the shower while it's saturated with conditioner. :)

I know all hair is different...but there's lots of YouTube videos that show how you can detangle hair while wet or dry.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • MafiaPrincessMafiaPrincess Posts: 57Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Slather your hair from root to tip with lots and lots of warmed up coconut oil. Put it up in a bun and Let it sit for a minimum of  2 hours or more. Take down the bun, section your hair suitably and begin to gently detangle with your fingers. Do this thoroughly to each section and keep rounding up the shed hair on your hands in between. I think this is the best and cheapest way to detangle curly hair and effectively remove all the shed hair. Cipriana Quann swears by dry detangling with coconut oil. Coconut oil is SO AMAZING....it's criminal one can get it for so cheap. šŸ‘šŸ˜šŸ‘
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,798Administrators, Moderators Administrator

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Gretchen said:
    I am such a fan of the articles here.  :) There is so much good information!

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,798Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    ellaj said:
    Gretchen said:
    I am such a fan of the articles here.  :) There is so much good information!
    Thank you, @Ellaj. I know the content team works really hard to make sure there's something for everyone! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • bomegabomega Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I agree that ideally you should do it wet and maybe with a detangler product. However, when the drought came, I needed to get out of the shower faster, so I started detangling dry. I just started at the ends with a wide tooth comb, and very gently worked my way up, never forcing. However, this is risky, and it has affected my curl clumping.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file