Random compliments

bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
When I see a woman rockin' her curls as opposed to straightening, I try to make it a point to compliment her by saying things to the effect of "you're hair is beautiful" or "I really like your hair." At first they are often taken aback but when I follow up by saying, "since I have curly hair I like to compliment others that have it." After that, they tend to smile and in some cases compliment mine.

Do any of you find yourselves feeling the same thing?
2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"

Comments

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Registered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    I could have sworn I read and responded to this question somewhere else, but I may just be trippin'.

I like to do the same. In fact, yesterday I was driving home and saw this lady in the car next to me with GORGEOUS curls. I was in love with her hair. I wanted to tell her I liked her hair and thought it was amazing, but wasn't sure how to sign that without looking like a complete idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
    DaniGirl88 wrote: »
    I could have sworn I read and responded to this question somewhere else, but I may just be trippin'.

I like to do the same. In fact, yesterday I was driving home and saw this lady in the car next to me with GORGEOUS curls. I was in love with her hair. I wanted to tell her I liked her hair and thought it was amazing, but wasn't sure how to sign that without looking like a complete idiot.

You have read this thread elsewhere by yours truly. I felt it belong in this forum as well as the general. I have totally come across the situation you described more than a few times. ;)
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Registered Users Posts: 1,583 Curl Neophyte
    bobby wrote: »
    DaniGirl88 wrote: »

You have read this thread elsewhere by yours truly. I felt it belong in this forum as well as the general. I have totally come across the situation you described more than a few times. ;)

Glad I'm not the only one who wanted to flag down someone because of their gorgeous hair. I often get weird stares when I first tell someone I love their curls. I guess it comes as a surprise to some people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file