I want to be a blonde!

KristiLanetteKristiLanette Registered Users Posts: 33
Hi all! I need some advice. I colored my hair red a year ago then did brown. My current hair color is a bronze/copper color. I really want to go lighter and go blonde. Do you think if I use dark and lovely honey blonde I could achieve this? I have heard it's really good at lightening hair w/o bleach. I'm just scared it will turn my hair a different color and not "true" blonde since I have colored my hair before. What do y'all think? Any advice or products to get to blonde? Thanks!

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    You risk frying your hair since the lengths have been dyed more than once previously. Dye over the top of a heavy coconut oiling, and after a hydrolysed wheat or soy protein treatment to reduce damage.

Persulphate bleach and peroxide are ultimately the same thing (bleach breaks down to peroxide), so damage hair in exactly the same way depending how many shades you try to lift.

First you need to lift out any artificial pigments with a peroxide free colour remover: for example Color Oops or Colour B4. These are not supposed to be damaging BUT will leave your hair feeling dry, tangly and straw like so don't panic just deep condition well afterwards. You may need to do this more than once if you have build up.

When you have all the artificial pigments out you can try lifting your remaining natural melanin pigments to blonde. ALWAYS strand test on shed plughole hair, never use your head as a laboratory unless you are willing to BC. Then strand test on hidden head hair to see the effect of the heat of your scalp.

You can do these at the same time as running your skin patch tests. Worst case scenario you waste a few bucks discovering going blonde fries your (shed) hair to breaking point, or that it won't lift past ginger.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file