Transitioning to Straight...

Lady_CreoleLady_Creole Registered Users Posts: 400 Curl Neophyte
I have noticed a few ladies on YouTube who did the BC to go natural, [get rid of chemicals], and still wear their hair straight, [blow dry/flat iron].

Although those of us who wear our hair completely natural know that direct heat in this fashion is not good for our hair; I do think this is an excellent alternative to "perms".

Although they do not need anyone's approval, I salute my sisters who have gone natural in this way; you have found a "do-able" way to be natural and still wear your hair in a way that works for you!

We are all individuals and all have our personal preferences. We enhance our appearances to what makes us feel good about our looks...it called "beauty" for a reason. :laughing8:

I am just thankful that we are making choices that are not being achieved through dangerously artificial means...Blessings!!!

Lady "C"...
My hair is "exotic, beautiful and free",,,yeah, that be ME!!!
3B/C - Easy to straighten, [no heat ever/no protect. styling].

Low Porosity/Medium Density
Mid Width/BSL-stretched/
BC - 12/2012

I am a "Co-Wash/Finger Comb Lady!
Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
Co-wash - Tresemme Naturals
Hydration - SM CH
Curl & Style Milk
LOC - Organic Coconut Oil
Styler - SM CH Curl Smoothie
Deep Cond. - SM Yucca & Plantain Masque

Comments

• itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Registered Users Posts: 1,084 Curl Neophyte
    I think (IMO) if you want straight hair and don't want to use a relaxer to do so that's better than using chemicals to get results. I agree with you. If you want perms to have straight hair go right ahead. I'm very keen on "do yo thang", that's my philosophy.

Shoot I'm not gon front when my hair hits waist length I'll probably wear it straight a lot more. I mean probably once a month, every other month at the least, but still more than my usual 1-2x a year. Ima show off I don't care I don't care. Lol
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • Lady_CreoleLady_Creole Registered Users Posts: 400 Curl Neophyte
    I think (IMO) if you want straight hair and don't want to use a relaxer to do so that's better than using chemicals to get results. I agree with you. If you want perms to have straight hair go right ahead. I'm very keen on "do yo thang", that's my philosophy.

Shoot I'm not gon front when my hair hits waist length I'll probably wear it straight a lot more. I mean probably once a month, every other month at the least, but still more than my usual 1-2x a year. Ima show off I don't care I don't care. Lol

I agree...

Personally I don't care how people do their hair, [perm, flat iron, weave, braid extensions, lace front, wigs, etc], however other than the first two the rest was just not for me. Many years ago, I tried to wear wigs, ponytails and even a tract of weave across the lower part of my hair once however I just could not stand the thought of someone's dead hair on my head, [but that's just me].

I have had friends that wore full head weaves and micro-braids. At times they would ask me to re-attach a tract that was lifting, or help them take out some braids; their scalp was as smooth as a baby's bottom from the damage to their own hair...smh!

I find that I do desire that my "sisters" do what is the healthiest for their hair and do not forfeit their scalp and hair health for the sake of beauty or an appearance that is socially acceptable.

It is not my style to look down on others who do things differently than I do however I will advise if I discover a way that may seem better. Then it is up to the individual, not my call to make.

Too much "put down" from naturals to those who still perm, perms to those who are natural, and even those who chose to wear their hair "kinky" toward those who are naturally curly. It's all just crazy when we should be trying to help one another.

My mom used to tell me this regarding women..."women go through enough without us attempting to hurt one another. If you can't help help her, don't hurt her".

Works for me!:angel11:
    My hair is "exotic, beautiful and free",,,yeah, that be ME!!!
    3B/C - Easy to straighten, [no heat ever/no protect. styling].

Low Porosity/Medium Density
    Mid Width/BSL-stretched/
    BC - 12/2012

I am a "Co-Wash/Finger Comb Lady!
    Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
    Co-wash - Tresemme Naturals
    Hydration - SM CH
    Curl & Style Milk
    LOC - Organic Coconut Oil
    Styler - SM CH Curl Smoothie
    Deep Cond. - SM Yucca & Plantain Masque

Leave a Comment