Blood, Sweat and Heels

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
Anyone watching this? I hated the first episode but it is growing on me. I kept watching bc one of the castmembers is a cousin of one of my closest friends and i'm cyber friends w/ another one of the castmembers (and I can relate to the subject matter).

What are your thoughts so far?

Comments

• scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    Haven't watched but slightly interested. But I don't have cable so I have to find it online.

I did, however, catch up with Being Mary Jane

Sent from my SPH-L720 using CurlTalk App
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Registered Users Posts: 468
    Love Mica.
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
  • LovemenappyLovemenappy Registered Users Posts: 332
    Is this the show with the reformed video vixens/jump offs? No seriously is it?
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Is this the show with the reformed video vixens/jump offs? No seriously is it?
    No. One castmember is a former videomodel. But the show is about a group of African American women in NYC coming up in the fields of fashion, journalism and real estate.

Love Mica.

She's my favorite, too:alien:

Demetria is tuirning out to be a real "mean girl" and I have no respect for Demetria-wannabe Geneva is becoming.

How can you not show sympathy for one of ya girls when her parents dies????

Hateful!

• LayaliLayali Registered Users Posts: 561 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^Yeah, I like Demetria's blog and was excited she was on the show, but I'm getting turned off by how she's coming across.

Mica saying Geneva looked like Wesley Snipes, though? I was like O_o. Made me uncomfortable. Honestly, Mica seemed way too emotionally fragile to be hanging in the Hamptons. She should have gone home to her boyfriend.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
    Layali wrote: »
    ^^Yeah, I like Demetria's blog and was excited she was on the show, but I'm getting turned off by how she's coming across.

Mica saying Geneva looked like Wesley Snipes, though? I was like O_o. Made me uncomfortable. Honestly, Mica seemed way too emotionally fragile to be hanging in the Hamptons. She should have gone home to her boyfriend.

She later clarified and said she meant Wesley's character "Noxema" in To Wong Foo.

GenevaBSH.jpg

It think it was more of a dig on her clownish, draggy look and not simply bc she has dark skin. But I could be wrong. But when you come for ppl like that you need to expect the worst.

I didn't get the whole Hamptons things.

I'm actually good friends w/ Brie's cousin. She said Brie's parents were home that wknd and entertaining guests at the house.

OK, then why did she invite her costars out there.

My friend said to go to a movie.

OK, but why couldn't they go to a movie in NY, where they all live, instead of making everyone drive out to Sag Harbor?

I couldn't believe that Brie said the death of one's parents isn't justification for disrespecting someone's house? :confused5:

And then said that the death of Mica's father doesn't come close to comparing to the seriousness of the eventual deaths of Brie's parents...bc they are closer.:?

I don't want to insult my friend...but Brie is the biggest A-HOLE!

I've been a fan of Demetria for a long time...but I never saw how nasty she is.

Will she ever marry that guy? I can see hi getting tired of that stuff.

Reunion?

• curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Registered Users Posts: 468
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.
    So far no negotiations for a season 2. :sad1:
    I thought thwey could have gone in a lil harder on the reunion but oh well. Glad things are picking up for Melyssa as an agent and Mica is still my fave.

Season 2 has been confirmed!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file