Hair insecurities

wavynikkiwavynikki Posts: 27Registered Users
I am in grade ten and I am so insecure about my natural hair. It is frizzy and the curls are not the same all over. I feel more pretty with straight hair or non-natural curls. But I really want to be confident about my curls. It's hard to be happy with curls and frizz when other girls have long gorgeous straight hair! I also obviously want boys to like me and how do I expect them to like me when I don't even like myself!

Comments

• wavynikkiwavynikki Posts: 27Registered Users
    I also feel like curly hair looks really good on everyone but me.
  • summersOVERsummersOVER Posts: 82Registered Users
    Boys care less about hair than you think. And the best of them don't care at all. I used to feel the same way and always straightened my hair- but only to later find out that tons of guys like curly hair- and most don't care! Confidence is what you need- if you feel better straightening your hair for now, then go for it- but please find something else besides your hair to make you feel confident about yourself 😁
    Hair that freely borrows from 3a/ 3b texture schools. These are the things I use to care for it:
    • Apple Cider Vinegar rinses weekly
    • shampoos occasionally that do not contain sulfates
    • conditioners without silicones or proteins (or so I think- Keratin seems to do ok)
    • Flour sack towel
    And I dont even know what else right now...thinking I may need to drop gels altogether...

Currently have Shea Moisture and DevaCurl products that I may just need to give up on and cut as a loss...
    Great point. But confidence is really hard to find sometimes
  • summersOVERsummersOVER Posts: 82Registered Users
    Indeed it is. I'd say play around with your curly hair until you find the right products and styling methods- took me years to find myself- and in the meantime, wear your hair how you like it to be to school. Confidence gets easier as you grow up 😁 best of luck!
    Hair that freely borrows from 3a/ 3b texture schools. These are the things I use to care for it:
    • Apple Cider Vinegar rinses weekly
    • shampoos occasionally that do not contain sulfates
    • conditioners without silicones or proteins (or so I think- Keratin seems to do ok)
    • Flour sack towel
    And I dont even know what else right now...thinking I may need to drop gels altogether...

Currently have Shea Moisture and DevaCurl products that I may just need to give up on and cut as a loss...
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    wavynikki wrote: »
    I also obviously want boys to like me and how do I expect them to like me when I don't even like myself!
    I think you've found your problem right here. Confidence comes from within, it has nothing to do with what our hair looks like. Confidence for many also comes with age. Focus on your good qualities that are inside yourself. Those are what the boys like - not what you have on your head. You'll get there, it just takes some work.

I still struggle with this as well. I feel like I look better with straight hair... but why is that? Because 98% of women these days wear their hair straight? It's good to be unique. :)
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    Thank you very much! :) I will try
  • JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    Straightening it so much actually makes it more frizzy. Try to do a braid out to avoid doing that in the mean time while it gets healthy.

And long curly hair looks better than long straight hair so just be patient

Sent from my C5155 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file