My hair is too stretched

ultracurlzultracurlz Registered Users Posts: 213 Curl Neophyte
But only at the front. About two inches back from my forehead all of the hair is extremely stretched and I don't know how to fix it. It seems much longer than the rest of my hair because of it and it looks funny. I don't understand why it refuses to curl/kink up like the rest of my hair. I mean, it's lovely when detangling but I want my shrinkage back (don't hear that often do ya? XD)

Could it be because of ponytails? Should I figure something else out for when I'm lazy? (which is, unfortunately, often)

Do you think some conditioning treatments would help it regain it's spring?

Please and thanks for the advice.
3C/4A mix (Seriously it's all over the place)
Hair is kinda fine and kinda thick.
Super short, I'd like definition but styling products don't like me

Profile pic taken the February 2015
Chopped off (was shoulder length) November 2014

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Heat damage? It possible could be traction damage from very right ponytails but that is less likely.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    It could be you have naturally less shrinkage in that area. The hair over my ears shrinks way less than the hair around it although it has a similar curl pattern. While type 4 tends to have a lot of shrinkage how much shrinkage is still a variable.

But I would try a mild protein and see if that helps. Protein tightens my curls.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file