The cherry lola treatment

primadonnacurlprimadonnacurl Registered Users Posts: 3
so if you havent heard of the cherry lola here is an article and video about it

its basically an all natural texturizer made of baking soda yogurt and liquid amino acids

i have 4b typed hair and i want looser and more defined curls

have any of you tried it? i would really like to try it out soon any thoughts?
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• curlysue62curlysue62 Registered Users Posts: 13
    It sounds awsome!!! I have 3c curls and I got a texturizer last year:) I used a texturizer 3 times and now the roots of my hair are straight and the ends are curly because I used it too often(every 3 months). I don't regret getting a texturizer because it did want I wanted it to, but I should have got it every 6 months or once a year or something like that! So if you get a texturizer I recommend to not use it frequently! But the first time I used it I loved my hair!!! I recommend it!
  • LovemenappyLovemenappy Registered Users Posts: 332
    hmmm
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    I tried it twice as a nubee. I wouldn't describe it as a texturizer. More it is a protein treatment and not permanent thank God. I would never in a million years do it again because it make my hair like straw and it did the same to some others depending on their properties.. As time went on and I learned my properties I discovered I was protein sensitive so yeah never again.. I know also from other experiments that baking soda and my hair don't get along. Very drying. Also if you expect this to give you looser curls you may be disappointed. I take CLT as something to define the curls you already have. Protein at least for me makes my curls tighter and not looser. Did you do a search? There are many discussions on this.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • LovemenappyLovemenappy Registered Users Posts: 332
    You don't have to keep posting topics on this, you and curlysue can find info on this through da search bar.
    Another thing I think the point of CL is to eliminate or greatly reduce frizz. I don't think anyone getting looser curls from it. Not that I recall anyway.
  • primadonnacurlprimadonnacurl Registered Users Posts: 3
    i wanted a variety of opinions on my topic thanks
    We know. That's why we mentioned the search engine. That would be much more efficient than making a bunch of threads in different sections. Plus most people don't only post in one section so creating the same post more than twice is redundant.
  • primadonnacurlprimadonnacurl Registered Users Posts: 3
    neither of you are actually my hair type so i'm trying to find others who can actually give me constructive help. it's not about the tread, I just wanted to get a real consumers aspect that most "search engines" don't have. If i wanted to use google, I'm not dim I would've and already have used google. and because this thread is absolutely useless don't reply I'll mostly delete all of it anyways.
    neither of you are actually my hair type so i'm trying to find others who can actually give me constructive help. it's not about the tread, I just wanted to get a real consumers aspect that most "search engines" don't have. If i wanted to use google, I'm not dim I would've and already have used google. and because this thread is absolutely useless don't reply I'll mostly delete all of it anyways.

How are we the ones missing the point? We are NOT talking about a Google search. We are talking about searches within Curl Talk. Love was kind enough to post the links. For some reason you don't consider her five links to threads with posts from Naturally Curly members who tried the treatment and them saying how well they did or didn't like it as being helpful.
    Believe it or not there aren't a whole lot of questions and topics that are "brand new" to Curl Talk and the same holds true with the Cherry Lola Treatment. That's why the search engines are there so it makes sense to me to start there then create threads second but that's me.

Also you asked if anyone had tried it and what their thoughts were so I told you my experience. In another thread you created someone else told you this is a protein treatment the same as I did. I talked about how it affected my protein sensitive hair which is absolutely irrelevant to hair type which seems to be the only thing you are focused on. BTW you never mentioned whether you are protein craving or sensitive which is very relevant. Your hair could end up like straw and it could take weeks of dc'ing to recover like it did mine. But I guess that is useless information too.

I did not realize you didn't want any non-4bs responding so don't worry about me replying to your posts anymore. I wish you the best of luck getting looser curls from protein.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file