Intro hello :)

RockTheGreyRockTheGrey Registered Users Posts: 4
Hi ladies,

Just found the site tonight and thought I'd say hello since I will probably lurk quite a lot. I have 2c-ish hair, been coloring about 12 yrs and just made the decision a few weeks ago to go 'cold turkey' (although I've been thinking about it a long while and making lots of other life changes since turning 50 a couple of years ago). My natural color used to be dark brown which is how I've been coloring (with some caramel highlights). I think I'm probably about 50% gray at the crown and on the sides but not much is graying in the back of my hair.

Today was my first haircut w/o coloring and it felt freeing somehow (to me and to my pocketbook, too! haha!). We'll see if I can tolerate the growing out phase. I'm posting a picture taken about a month ago for work before I had any roots...will try to figure out how to update as I transition.

Question, how do I figure out all the abbreviations people are using in their signature lines? I have guessed at some but it's a little confusing and I didn't see anything defined in the FAQs. Thank you!

Looking forward to sharing the transition and beyond with you all...I think grey/silver/white (whatever shade it is) hair rocks!! I just wish mine would be there already. :)

Happy weekend,

Tammy in Seattle
--

2c curls, usually between chin/shoulder length

currently letting the dye grow out to 'rock the grey'...last color on 12/6/13...hoping the curls stay, wearing hair much shorter while color grows out

use DC products currently, co-wash daily w/weekly no-poo wash.

Comments

• CurlyInParadiseCurlyInParadise Registered Users Posts: 137
    I'm letting my hair grow out gray right along with you although older than you (67). My last color was the week before Christmas. I too had dark brown with caramel highlights. Mine is curly too. Right now I have silver roots about ½" long that are driving me crazy and trying to tell myself to have patience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]______
    3a, med porous, low density
    Poo: Have to admit I have recently become a Wen convert. Love it. I have always had problems with my hair "hanging" right, curling uniformly and destorting the perimeter line. Wen makes it hang evenly.
  • chloe92uschloe92us Registered Users Posts: 1,203 Curl Neophyte
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • WavyMaurWavyMaur Registered Users Posts: 46 Curl Neophyte
    hi Tammy is Seattle, my favorite city... my son lives there, so we visit often.
    It good that many of us are starting this journey together. My last dye was Jan 1st. and already I have white roots showing, Deep breathing... we can do this together!
    2C * Normal Porosity * Medium Density * Chin Length

Still playing with products ( using mostly Deva right now)

Working on finding my inner curl.
  • RockTheGreyRockTheGrey Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thank you, all! So inspiring to be here with others going through (or having already gone through) the process. I've also been perusing pinterest and have started an inspiration board there and found a Going Grey and Loving It group on FB, too. Now, I hope my hair grows faster than usual because I want it to just be grey already. Kind of excited! :D
    --

currently letting the dye grow out to 'rock the grey'...last color on 12/6/13...hoping the curls stay, wearing hair much shorter while color grows out

• RockTheGreyRockTheGrey Registered Users Posts: 4
    PS to Chloe: thanks for the link! It helps a lot!! :)
    --

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file