Itchy, Dry Scalp to Flaky Scalp

muenessa678muenessa678 Registered Users Posts: 11
Im about 9 months post now. And about about 3 months ago I started experiencing itchy, dry scalp. I was previously using a sulfate shampoo every 1 or 2 months... Since I gave that up 3 months ago I've only been cowashing it solved my dry scalp problem but I have no way to get rid of build up. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations.
I'm considering the following products:
*SheaMoisture African Black Soap Purification Masque
*any of the Tressemme Shampoos
*Creme of Nature Sulfate Free Shampoo

Any other products are welcome..but I prefer natural/sulfate-free cleansers and shampoos.
Transitioner! :toothy7:
Last Texturiser: April 21, 2013
Planning to Big Chop: Late Summer/Early Fall 2014
Products I Love: Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Water, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Aphogee 2 min Reconstucter, Okra (smashed for goopieness and used as a moisturizing shampoo)
Need to Buy: Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Perfect Conditioner (for me)
Hair Texture: fine strands, low to normal density, maybe 3c/4a/4b, VERY frizzy

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Build up of what? Have you seen your family doctor or a dermatologist or is this self diagnosed?
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • RumwolfRumwolf Registered Users Posts: 66
    What products are you currently putting in your hair?
    3b hair
    current products used:
    As I am Coconut CoWash
    Shea Moisture Styling Milk
    Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey
  • muenessa678muenessa678 Registered Users Posts: 11
    product build up. it's self diagnosed.. since i haven't properly cleansed my hair in about 3 months. I'm gonna try acv and baking soda and see how that goes
    Products I Love: Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Water, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Aphogee 2 min Reconstucter, Okra (smashed for goopieness and used as a moisturizing shampoo)
    i use africas best conditioners, garnier fructis conditioners, jojoba oil, and coconut oil.. since nothing i use is natural and ive been using more product since its winter i think that may be the cause. I'm trying to switch over to natural products for my overall wellbeing anyway
  • BluebloodBlueblood Registered Users Posts: 1,748 Curl Neophyte
    product build up. it's self diagnosed.. since i haven't properly cleansed my hair in about 3 months. I'm gonna try acv and baking soda and see how that goes

Use a shampoo as they have been tested, proven not to irritate scalps and damage hair. Plus ACV and baking soda are both very extreme on the pH scale which can damage your hair.
    I used baking soda and acv... diluted with a lotta water of course and it seemed to work.. i havent gotten my hair so clean in forever without totally drying out my hair and scalp. I wont be resorting to this often tho. I'm going to try using a sulfate free shampoo like Blueblood suggested since both are so acidic/allkaine
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Baking soda is hugely damaging to skin and hair, you can't reset the damage to the skin flora and acid mantle with vinegar.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file