Thin hair products

nJOImenJOIme Posts: 3Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Natural now almost 18 months. My hair is thin and always has been but now that I'm natural and wearing my curls I hate that you can just see through my hair. Any suggestions of products that promote hair growth/thickness, volume, or styles to help conceal it?

Comments

• naturaltee813naturaltee813 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Black jamaican castor oil is good for thickening the hair. Or regular castor oil.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using CurlTalk App
  • CurlyInParadiseCurlyInParadise Posts: 137Registered Users
    I like Redkin Thickening and Deva Curl B'Leave In.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]______
    3a, med porous, low density
    Poo: Have to admit I have recently become a Wen convert. Love it. I have always had problems with my hair "hanging" right, curling uniformly and destorting the perimeter line. Wen makes it hang evenly.
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you have nutrient deficiencies or hormone problems then getting them corrected would help.

If you are on medication and one of the side effects is thinning hair then changing to another one may help.

However if your follicles are permanently destroyed nothing will help.

Coating low density hair doesn't actually make it look thicker plus some of the things already mentioned are not proven to work.

People say castor oil makes your hair thicker but all it does is attract dust to your hair. In fact putting oil on your hair could make thinning worse if you block your follicles.

Dying your scalp or using hair extensions/weaves are proven to make your hair look thicker.

The use of hair extensions/weaves runs the risk of damaging the hair you have left if done repeatedly and not properly. So actually wearing a wig would be better.

Most people I know with fine AND low density hair keep their hair short as it's less noticeable that your hair isn't thick.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Would be worth getting a medical work up: you might also try scalp massage, regular physical activity and taking a brutally honest look at the quality of your diet.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • CurlyInParadiseCurlyInParadise Posts: 137Registered Users
    I definitely agree with everything you ladies said but the products I recommended do benefit my hair to look thicker when I use them. They do not of course do anything to make it grow thicker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]______
    3a, med porous, low density
    Poo: Have to admit I have recently become a Wen convert. Love it. I have always had problems with my hair "hanging" right, curling uniformly and destorting the perimeter line. Wen makes it hang evenly.
  • curlywhirlygurlcurlywhirlygurl Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have thyroid disease and have to take Synthroid for the rest of my life :( I've always had thick hair my whole life but the last 2 years, I've noticed my hair thinning at the top of my head. When my hair is wet, you can see through my scalp.

I started using "Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection AgeDefy Advanced Hair Thickening Treatment". I've noticed a huge difference in just 1 week! It helps thicken the diameter of the existing hair on the scalp and makes your hair look fuller.

I also apply an apple cider and cayenne pepper mixture to my scalp for 30 min before I wash my hair. I massage it in an it is supposed to help open your scalps pores and deep clean it. There are a lot of info on this via the internet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file