How long does it take for your curls to come back after blow drying?

GmoGmo Registered Users Posts: 47
I was just wondering, after you guys do a blowout with a hair dryer, how long/how many washes does it take for your curls/coils to come back. Thanks.

Comments

• SimplyTSimplyT Registered Users Posts: 33
    More often than not too my annoyance my hair can revert immediately ( and that is with high heat) and certainly after the first wash.

I called myself purposely trying to heat damage my hair out of frustration. HA! my hair laughed at me
    BC-SL-CBL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL!(Ultimate goal unless I change my mind:dontknow:)

-Dont know hair type!&Don't wanna- Just have a lovely assortment of coils and curls of all sizes:afro:

event.png
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Registered Users Posts: 1,084 Curl Neophyte
    All it takes is one wash. My hair's really thick and resilient though. I've been to a salon where they had to open the doors to air out the place from the smoke of the blow dryer as they tried to blow out my hair LOL

I rarely straighten so I don't worry too much about the heat.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    I rarely blow out my hair but the last time some of when my hair didn't return immediated to my pattern. Freaked me a little. I thought I would only have to worry about pressing combs and flat irons. When I was relaxed I had severe heat damage and had to cut so I know my hair is sensitive to direct heat.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    First wash. when I wet it, it's still straight for awhile, but it reverts as soon as the conditioner hits it.
  • fefe912fefe912 Registered Users Posts: 570
    Soon as I spray it with water or let water run over it it goes back curly. I use no or very little heat when blow drying my hair so never have an issue with that.
  • CcargoCcargo Registered Users Posts: 11
    Like immediately when I get in the shower lol

I use my blow dryer on the lowest setting and cool after it's been 50% air dried
  • CurlyMia929CurlyMia929 Registered Users Posts: 5
    As soon as water touches it 😄
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Registered Users Posts: 468 Curl Neophyte
    Gmo wrote: »
    I was just wondering, after you guys do a blowout with a hair dryer, how long/how many washes does it take for your curls/coils to come back. Thanks.

I did two blow outs on high heat with heat protectants that did nothing to protect my hair and it reverted immediately after I got into the shower.
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file