Returning to CG after straying

caramix3acaramix3a Registered Users Posts: 462 Curl Neophyte
Hi all! It's been awhile since I've been here. I strayed and used shampoo with sulfates(non-clarifying) and conditioners with silicones. At first my hair looked shinier and felt fuller, but my scalp ended up not liking this combo, and my hair got dry. It had the odd combo feeling of being shiny and all, but feeling dry, like plastic.
As of today, I just clarified, gave myself a protein treatment, and about to rinse out my deep moisturizing treatment, to clear the decks to return to what worked for me - co-washing alternating with sulfate-free shampoo and my good conditioners(rinse-out, PT, DT).
Why oh why did I stray LOL! I'm sure some other people here can relate. 2c-3a hair here in inverted bob:)

Comments

• artcurlsartcurls Registered Users Posts: 28
    I could have written this post. I'm returning back myself.:) It took this little run with sulfates & silicones to make me see the real difference. (I strayed for about a month) welcome back to us!
    CG since 2011

Hair Type:
    2b/c(top layer) 2c/3a (under layers)
    Porosity: Low
    Density: High
    Width: Fine on top/Medium underneath

blonde hi-lights

Products & process:
    (still figuring this out!!)

Trader Joe's Mint Tea Shampoo every 3/4 days
    Trader Joe's Nourishing Conditioner
    Deva One Condition LI or Shea Moisture LI
    Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Creame
    Plop about 20 minutes
    Clip roots
    Air Dry

Lavender Mist as needed to revive curls
    Pineapple at night
  • caramix3acaramix3a Registered Users Posts: 462 Curl Neophyte
    "I could have written this post. I'm returning back myself.:icon_smile: It took this little run with sulfates & silicones to make me see the real difference. (I strayed for about a month) welcome back to us!" - artcurls

Love your username - are you an artist too(like me)? Anyhow, my stray period lasted about a month as well LOL! Seems like that's the amount of time it takes for the fact that sulfates and silicones really aren't great for us to show up. Will be interesting to see if anyone else chimes in here with their adventures one way or the other. Sometimes one just has to come back to what works and let the advertising lies just stay right where they are - lies. I'm finding similar with skin care, not so coincidentally, since I have somewhat reactive skin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file